Carolina Crown 2019

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

This whole conversation will be moot when another corps from the west coast will win, once again :thumbup:

Hahaha

7 hours ago, karuna said:
  • The rain set them back a little but I agree they're in fine shape and the show will be 'finished' in plenty of time for Detroit.  

Fortunately, they have had much better weather this year than last. They are WAY ahead of last year (the final movement didn't get on the field until Muncie) so I am sure they are much happier with the pleasantness of the temps and reduced level of precipitation! Eager to see the full production on the field for Detroit!

After reading some posts on Reddit. Are we about to see some large tarp being used this year?  Hmmm.... the anticipation is killing me. I want some sneak peaks at music.  LOL. 

Edited by Highwaydude

4 hours ago, Highwaydude said:

After reading some posts on Reddit. Are we about to see some large tarp being used this year?  Hmmm.... the anticipation is killing me. I want some sneak peaks at music.  LOL. 

Could you be so kind as to direct me to this post on Reddit? I can't seem to find anything relating to Crown and a tarp. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Could you be so kind as to direct me to this post on Reddit? I can't seem to find anything relating to Crown and a tarp. Lol.

sent you link in PM....  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Please god no more massive tarps. When will show designers learn?

I don't see it being true unless it's rolled out right from the beginning. The post in question describes it being rolled out in the middle of the show, which would be a huge hindrance to GE. We will just have to wait and see.

5 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I don't see it being true unless it's rolled out right from the beginning. The post in question describes it being rolled out in the middle of the show, which would be a huge hindrance to GE. We will just have to wait and see.

Whenever corps have to march on tarps, I spend the whole time watching the ###### tarp and stressing about whether any poor kid is gonna trip on it and ruin the show, or worse, their knees. It’s stupid and needless, and designers should just agree there are better ways to tell a story.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Whenever corps have to march on tarps, I spend the whole time watching the ###### tarp and stressing about whether any poor kid is gonna trip on it and ruin the show, or worse, their knees. It’s stupid and needless, and designers should just agree there are better ways to tell a story.

I hate them because unless you march with high knees you're going to hear their foots scrape across them. Drives me insane. It's about as bad as hearing a high school marching band scrape their feet across blacktop. Or nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Based on how the props are used I don't see this happening.

• Like 1