Carolina Crown 2019

They have some great music this year and from what I've seen of the percussion section (which for years has been their weakest section) they really are coming for another gold soon. Whether or not I think this year will be that year remains to be seen, but it relies solely on design. 

For my money I'd say that judging the aesthetics and rep list, I think they're trying to get back to the 2013-2015 crown style which I really love. Kind of quirky but serious at the same time. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if they end up really making a case for top 3 this year (maybe even another championship), despite all the incredible talent and design I'm seeing from other top 6 corps.

Vanguard is gonna be tough to beat though (trust me I've seen it 😜)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IBTwist said:

They have some great music this year and from what I've seen of the percussion section (which for years has been their weakest section) they really are coming for another gold soon. Whether or not I think this year will be that year remains to be seen, but it relies solely on design. 

For my money I'd say that judging the aesthetics and rep list, I think they're trying to get back to the 2013-2015 crown style which I really love. Kind of quirky but serious at the same time. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if they end up really making a case for top 3 this year (maybe even another championship), despite all the incredible talent and design I'm seeing from other top 6 corps.

Vanguard is gonna be tough to beat though (trust me I've seen it 😜)

I wasn't all that impressed with Vanguard, and typically when a corps wins and tries to recycle the same style they end up 5th. Just ask Crown and Bluecoats. 

4 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I wasn't all that impressed with Vanguard, and typically when a corps wins and tries to recycle the same style they end up 5th. Just ask Crown and Bluecoats. 

Interesting..

I can tell you first hand that they are DEFINITELY not recycling though haha. I've seen it a lot so far. Just keeping their overall style like a corps should.

So when I saw the sneak peak I was very concerned....but I actually really dig this look! It’s different and yet somehow still looks like Crown! Well done!

• Like 1