Carolina Crown 2019

8 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Music is stamped Crown. Guard and visual design looks to be their achilles heal. 

Actually the music is very fresh for Crown.  Not at all like what they normally play.  

Guard will be fine this season.  Writing is 100% improved from last season (esp.  flag moments).   I think the staff changes are already showing.  It will be a true CrownGuard a la 2013. 

Visual design is not going to an issue at all with this show.  The bones are there already.

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

Music is stamped Crown. Guard and visual design looks to be their achilles heal. 

I couldn’t get a good read on the visual stuff from the vid. Color scheme is fresh. Uniforms are sharp. We’ll have to see how visual and guard shake out on Thu. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ediker said:

He totally gets this activity... a master arranger. 

His writing is just unbelievable. He and Jay Bocook are my two favorite arrangers. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Agreed, didn't want to be the first to mention it. Guard was shoved in the back two corners with weapons along front sideline for what seemed 50% of the show. Not much integration of the guard within the drill itself, that is something Leon May achieved flawlessly in his tenure at Crown. [I know its June, don't shoot me.] 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, palmettomello said:

Agreed, didn't want to be the first to mention it. Guard was shoved in the back two corners with weapons along front sideline for what seemed 50% of the show. Not much integration of the guard within the drill itself, that is something Leon May achieved flawlessly in his tenure at Crown. [I know its June, don't shoot me.] 

UnawareMeagerHoopoe-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 1