Carolina Crown 2019

2 minutes ago, tigger2 said:

I like it better than Beast by a lot. That said, visually and emotionally a lot of question marks. Seems the overall visual structure Is there, just a lot to develop at this point. Excited to hear Klesch arranging (usually not at strength), going beyond transcribing, which is something he does well. Percussion was the most impressive aspect by far. 

yeah, someday Klesch will know how to arrange instead of just transcribe.....

:lol:

Wow - great energy throughout! No dead moments like last year where the momentum just fizzles out. Opening statement is awesome and in your face - really cool staging and how it kind of pays homage to Also Sprach (2013) where it's brass hit... percussion/drill... brass hit... percussion/drill... ending with the signature Crown sound. Not a percussion guy, but love what they're doing thus far. However, I do feel like the front ensemble is M.I.A. until the ballad. Looking forward to how they clean and shore up this production.

Definitely prefer this whimsical/exploration-themed Crown opposed to dark Crown like last year. Really excited to see where this show goes - something musically and visually arresting that I cannot quite put my finger on. Ready for a fun season!

• Like 2

I appreciate that Crown does the preview show in full uniform, but I feel these are best viewed under stadium lights.

This show is distinctively Crown, but fresh. Some great drum corps moments in there. I already enjoy it more than Beast, and It is.

I was most impressed by the percussion watching that video.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

As a visual guy myself, I actually disagree. I think this is one of Sacktig's better jobs (and he's done some really good ones).

I’m sorry dear but we’ll have to agree to disagree on that. His designs are so tired and predictable. Not medaling in visual. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I’m sorry dear but we’ll have to agree to disagree on that. His designs are so tired and predictable. Not medaling in visual. 

I'm gonna have to disagree. 

Poppycock...that's poppycock.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Ediker said:

The music is fresh. It’s the quality of it all that smacks of Crown. 

“It could be very fresh and clean.”

Hmmm. That sounds really familiar.

Now, when was that...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

That's funny -- he stages Paramount in WGI.  They aren't tired or predictable.  

Me thinks Poppy's WestCoast Panties are showing! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Watched the better quality video, which is also on the 50 y.l. Drill looks great to me. Lots of movement and field coverage. Flag work creating accents. To be fair, I tend to prefer his drill style. 

• Like 2