Carolina Crown 2019

4 minutes ago, karuna said:

Me thinks Poppy's WestCoast Panties are showing! 

It’s OK to disagree, but was this necessary? 

2 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Watched the better quality video, which is also on the 50 y.l. Drill looks great to me. Lots of movement and field coverage. Flag work creating accents. To be fair, I tend to prefer his drill style. 

Literally just got done watching the better quality video and I have to agree. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, karuna said:

Um  you do know who Prince Poppycock is right?  

Yes, and the term is pantaloons.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

1 hour ago, yogitom said:

For those of you who wanted a link.

Unfortunately it's gone now but thanks for posting the link. For the first time in years I was unable to attend the preview and may not be able to attend a live show this year. I got several views of this in before it was taken down.

Edited by Jeto

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It’s OK to disagree, but was this necessary? 

8 hours ago, karuna said:

Me thinks Poppy's WestCoast Panties are showing! 

Thank you Lancer! It was a rather cheeky, crass and unsophisticated response, which I'll take as a compliment considering there's a copious of popular aesthetic fashion from the South Carolina outlet stores in Karunas closet. So I've been told. It's all in good fun.

Edited by Poppycock
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I’m sorry dear but we’ll have to agree to disagree on that. His designs are so tired and predictable. Not medaling in visual. 

I tend to agree with Poppycock here. The design is good - but not 2019 top notch. It would be good for the mid 2000, which has been Jeff's issue for a while

The show itself is a step up from Beast for sure

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So a couple of notes to put things into perspective:

- From what I’ve been told the staff took a slightly different approach to spring training this season and pushed the kids to get the entire show on the field by preview.

- The guard is still learning their show but there seems to be a huge buzz in the air with the work that Erin is doing. More so than we’ve seen the past three seasons. They were noticeably cleaner last night than past preview shows.

- the corps just learned the drill for the closer this week. In fact, the last 12ish sets were taught on Friday. They did their first run of the entire show on Wednesday.

- Having been to spring training the past 10 years, I can say this group has a much better work ethic and reminds me a lot of the 2013-2015 groups

- This was the most excited and most receptive I’ve seen the preview crowd in more than a few years. This show does a much better job of connecting with audiences live than the past few seasons. Standing ovation started on the last note when they hit the Crown set. That’s a good indication. 

- it’s way to early to tell if this show can win, but it will be competitive and more importantly, will draw fans back into the program, which is something the design team needed to do after the past few seasons. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 2

I wonder if it was a direct design decision from the drum staff to move the Pit back from the Front sideline so that the Judge doesn't comment and harp on the Front the entire show... IF so I'd say that is a smart move to get an advantage over those that leave their front on the Sideline. 

Those in the know, Is it clear where the Percussion judge can roam? Have they been relegated to Side 1(For example)?