Carolina Crown 2019

51 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Yeah, but isn't it FUNNY that it wasn't too long ago, people were complaining about Crown doing all the body movement and dance?  And NOW, people here in the Crown thread are complaining about other corps doing the flutter step (or whatever they call it).

I agree, I'd like to see more interesting/challenging drill.  And if a corps does it well, I want to see them rewarded for it.  But I don't know if that is going to happen.

What makes you think they won't get rewarded? It's not like the judges have had it out for them in Visual the past few seasons.

If you believe they should be scoring higher in Visual vs. Corps A or B, then that's a different argument and one should just come out and say that.

I thought we would've got a little further a long in the season before the BD doesn't march, Crown just stomps bugs and dances nonsense.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

What makes you think they won't get rewarded? It's not like the judges have had it out for them in Visual the past few seasons.

If you believe they should be scoring higher in Visual vs. Corps A or B, then that's a different argument and one should just come out and say that.

I thought we would've got a little further a long in the season before the BD doesn't march, Crown just stomps bugs and dances nonsense.

It's just like Black Friday, it gets earlier every year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dcsnare93 said:

You kinda misinterpreted what I said.  In fact, you totally misrepresented it.

5 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

You kinda misinterpreted what I said.  In fact, you totally misrepresented it.

Fair enough. Re-reading the last line in the post I quoted, I can see that. Mea culpa. 

The last statement wasn't really directed at you.

Wow. Just saw a video. This reminds me of the Crown I have loved from 2001-2015. SO SO SO SO MUCH better than last year.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Wow. Just saw a video. This reminds me of the Crown I have loved from 2001-2015. SO SO SO SO MUCH better than last year.

How is everyone seeing the video?  I can't find anything anywhere!  

Its not fair!

1 minute ago, wigwam said:

How is everyone seeing the video?  I can't find anything anywhere!  

Its not fair!

They've all been taken down.

Having only seen a couple of small video clips from Crown this year, what I have seen looks and sounds pretty impressive.  I’m looking forward to seeing the whole enchilada this Thursday. So far, nothing I’ve seen says this can’t be a medal year for Crown.  

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2