Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I have now seen the show a few times from video and this show is definitely better than last year. The opener is Awesome, the middle part is good for me now (lets see what changes they make) and the Closer will be great. However, the guard doesn't really stand out to me and the visual is better than last year but I don't really see anything new/exciting in the visual design. They will be fine musically but the question is how will they do (score wise) in GE & Visual captions. Can't wait to see this show live in person, but I have to wait until Allentown 😞.

I agree.  Show is cool, but not sure about the GE.  The guard sort of disappears at times.  I'm sure they will make changes.

• Like 1

In response to the lack of visual changes noted above, I believe there is far more body movement and choreography than in prior two seasons and a drill design that is better integrated with the musical selections.  I believe once these areas are cleaned, Crown will be on par with how much bloo and scv had in their last two programs. IMO this is a huge improvement of moving towards the overall program design demand in the current dci era.  The changes noted is why I also think they could be a top 2 contender if the judges reward the complex design and execution.  To me this show is more visually and musically demanding than any show Crown has produced since 2013. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tigers1212 said:

Does anyone know when ensemble is tonight? I live close by and I would love to go watch.

I'm curious about this as well. I'll be on the way back to the area from Flint around 5:30, hoping to catch ensemble this evening.

Edit: Their schedule posted on FB says Warmup at 7 with Ensemble scheduled to start at 7:30!

Edited by beatmaker751
Posting before due diligence. :)

49 minutes ago, beatmaker751 said:

I'm curious about this as well. I'll be on the way back to the area from Flint around 5:30, hoping to catch ensemble this evening.

Edit: Their schedule posted on FB says Warmup at 7 with Ensemble scheduled to start at 7:30!

Thanks, I didn’t think they were going to post it to their Facebook 

1 hour ago, B-Flat said:

In response to the lack of visual changes noted above, I believe there is far more body movement and choreography than in prior two seasons and a drill design that is better integrated with the musical selections.  I believe once these areas are cleaned, Crown will be on par with how much bloo and scv had in their last two programs. IMO this is a huge improvement of moving towards the overall program design demand in the current dci era.  The changes noted is why I also think they could be a top 2 contender if the judges reward the complex design and execution.  To me this show is more visually and musically demanding than any show Crown has produced since 2013. 

I'd say visually 2014 was more difficult. That show presented so many challenges for the members, especially in the closer 

My opinion of what I saw and heard from the video on YT: Watch out!!! 

I think Crown is going to be really good, perhaps top 3. Brass will shine, as will percussion. I see improvement with the guard, and I love the drill and overall design. The question will be GE as they tweak and edit material through the summer.  Watch the legs on these ladies and gents during the opener and you get a sense of how good and mature a marching unit this corps will be. The music is sweet and powerful, and the closer is Madison Scouts-style Latin flare that may well come with a Madison-esque standing O when they clean this beast (pun intended). I'm a fan of this show!

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

Well..... "Clutches Pearls"

There is also a certain ghostlighting on the west coast depicting all kinds of running around the field and hiding behind props without playing for most of the time allotted... opposed to Crown primarily marching and their brief runs to a form. 

#JustSaying ~~~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, bvgordy said:

Well..... "Clutches Pearls"

There is also a certain ghostlighting on the west coast depicting all kinds of running around the field and hiding behind props without playing for most of the time allotted... opposed to Crown primarily marching and their brief runs to a form. 

#JustSaying ~~~

How many championships has marching while playing/body movements has that gotten Crown? 😀

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, bvgordy said:

There has been discussions on DCP for years as to how the BD are great at staging and designing their shows to best meet the sheets bullet points.  

• Thanks 1