Carolina Crown 2019

5 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

We all have our favorite flavor, but that’s  no reason to be snarky - to me. 

I'm not being snarky, I'm speaking the truth. Lol. You harp on Crown so much I could never tell that you liked them. 

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

Would you two get a room already? Sheesh! LOL

No thanks. 16th century isn't my type. 

:felloff:

• Haha 3

Interesting note about this year's corps - I've been going to spring training now for quite a few years, and each season the group has a different personality 2013, 2015 and 2016 the corps was very focused and extremely talented, but there was something very special about the 2013 group. It was the way they carried themselves during rehearsal and went about their business. Last season the personality felt a little younger and rougher around the edges. For this season, watching them at camp I had a really rough time trying to figure this group out. After hearing the corps in April I had some concerns, but boy was I wrong. All I saw during the last week of spring training was a drum corps that had laser focus. The work ethic, talent and focus this season reminds me a lot of the 2013 corps. 

As to them being gassed at the end of the show, they did their first run of the entire show a week ago. For a show that's only been run from start to finish about 10 times and has 190+ sets in it, that's not too shabby. Gove them a couple of weeks to build up their lungs. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

As to them being gassed at the end of the show, they did their first run of the entire show a week ago. For a show that's only been run from start to finish about 10 times and has 190+ sets in it, that's not too shabby. Give them a couple of weeks to build up their lungs. 

I'm not too worried about them being gassed out at the end of the show. Everyone is right now, and Crown has more on the field than some. Besides, the closer is so high energy in it's writing that even when they lose momentum the energy still shines through. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I’m not Hoyden or am I an orphan thank you. 

+1 for saucy use of hoyden! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

That actually really helped explain the concept! Last year it was kind of muddled when they tried to explain it, but this year it seems pretty cut and dry what they're trying to do!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

How many championships has marching while playing/body movements has that gotten Crown? 😀

Two.

Still in denial about ‘15...

• Like 4