Carolina Crown 2019

34 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Yes! All the nay sayers are killing me! Crown was 2nd and 1st in GE, 2nd in visual, 3rd in guard, 1st in brass, and 2nd in percussion. I'll take that as a season start over the last 2 years.

Even if they were 5 points back from Bluecoats tonight I would 100% believe they would have a better chance of beating Bluecoats than I would have last year if they were 0.1 behind Bluecoats at the opening show. This years show is exceptionally better.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Even if they were 5 points back from Bluecoats tonight I would 100% believe they would have a better chance of beating Bluecoats than I would have last year if they were 0.1 behind Bluecoats at the opening show. This years show is exceptionally better.

I'm just happy they're so close to Bluecoats, although my song may change once I see the Bluecoats show. I'm already torn just by the show reveal. Lol. I love my Crown, but I love The Beatles too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm just happy they're so close to Bluecoats, although my song may change once I see the Bluecoats show. I'm already torn just by the show reveal. Lol. I love my Crown, but I love The Beatles too...

It’s ok to love both you know lol

• Like 1

Loved Crowns show!  Way better than last year.  I was a bit worried when I saw the preview video, but seeing it in the theater sold me.  I think the preview recording didn't do it justice.  Tonight the energy was amazing, as was the brass.  Felt the percussion was on fire too.  Guard melts too much into the show but has some good moments, much improved from last year.  I'm not sold on the uniforms, concept is cool, but think they need more color.    

I watched in a theater in Concord NC, they were audience favorite, but I guess they were a bit biased. 

IMO, blue coats over use of amplification and electronics detracts from a great show.  At some points, the electronic bass was nearly as loud as the brass.   

Just my opinion. 

• Like 4

Great job Crown! Closing that gap on the Bluecoats won't be hard. Crown has a better opportunity to add more to their show than the Bluecoats do. The Bluecoats did not sell me as much as it did others on here tonight. I've always thought that The Beatles were decent (they are not my favorite), but they have some good songs that I like. The Bluecoats are doing too much park and bark for my taste. It was play loud, go to a different part of the field while soloists or solis were happening and then play loud again. As wigwam mentioned, the electronics were way too loud at some points. Some people confuse loud for good sometimes. Others tonight who said Bloo would win brass tonight should have known better. Crown's brass was amazing tonight. Just the first night of many this summer. Keep pushing Crown! Great start to the season!

Edit: I know that some people love what the Bluecoats are doing this year, but it's just not my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, they sound good. How the show is designed is why it did not peak my interest

Edited by TigerBaritone19
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, bvgordy said:

Yes CROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THOSE CHILDREN PLAYED TONIGHT !!!!!

#Cockiness ~~~

True dat, CrownPAISAN! 

Had a two hr. drive home + early roll call, so I had to eject prior to Blooo, though I’ll get my opportunity to see them NightBEAT.

My son updated on scores/captions on the ride home. 

Crown 2nd tonight? 

Got’em right where we want’em...

Edited by nsxanax

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

YES CROWN!!! Closer to Bluecoats than Boston is to you! 

Just the fact that you had to say this shows BAC truly is in your head 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

It’s ok to love both you know lol

I can't though! I gotta back just one and go nuts over them! Lmao.

• Haha 1