Carolina Crown 2019

Crown and Bloo are different in such grand levels that it’s almost unfair that both shows have to compete against each other. It’s going to take me a while to sort out my feelings on Bloo (from an entertainment level I love it) but Crown is both modern AND drum corps. But we also need to be careful before handing out medals because SCV, BD and a few others will get their say tonight.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

No, it shows exactly what I had been saying all along. Don't twist my words to fit your agenda.

Whatever ya say pal

• Like 1

Very strong show from Crown last night, this corps is much stronger than last year. After seeing them with Bloo & Boston, Crown is in a very good spot. It's going to be a battle for top 3 and Crown is right there to claim a top 3 spot. Can't wait to see how this show will grow stronger through the summer, it's going to be fun to watch.  

This was the only clear contender I saw last night.  Boston has design issues right now (fixable?), as do the Cadets (sadly, not fixable). Need another view of Bloo to say for certain,  but I was left wanting in the viz demand department.

Crown's got the total package.  Add a bunch of math stuff that went over my head, and I'm sold.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah being an old baritone player .  .. I just don’t even .. I mean like how in the heck do they do it?  It is  amazing the book they’re playing. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 2

Went to Crown's first ensemble run-through of their show last Friday night.  Went by to check out guard rehearsal and after a few minutes, decided that as a guard person, I'd rather go watch the hornline rehearse.  The guard was rough last week.  Sometimes that's expected (colorguard in June), but honestly, I felt like they were swatting flies, knowing that they'd figure it out through the season.  

HOLY CRAP were they so much better last night!  It is amazing to see their progress in a week.  Excited to see where they take this! Go CrownGUARD!

• Like 3