Carolina Crown 2019

Can't read this, unless it's on a dry-erase board...

This in re K's schedule for today.

Edited by nsxanax

17 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Can't read this, unless it's on a dry-erase board...

This in re K's schedule for today.

Right? I already miss the theme board...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

Went to Crown's first ensemble run-through of their show last Friday night.  Went by to check out guard rehearsal and after a few minutes, decided that as a guard person, I'd rather go watch the hornline rehearse.  The guard was rough last week.  Sometimes that's expected (colorguard in June), but honestly, I felt like they were swatting flies, knowing that they'd figure it out through the season.  

HOLY CRAP were they so much better last night!  It is amazing to see their progress in a week.  Excited to see where they take this! Go CrownGUARD!

Honestly I think you'll continue to see tremendous growth in this caption.  There are some really talented spinners who IMHO just need a few shows under their belts.    Not drum corps rookies at all -- just new to CrownGuard and all that that implies.  

• Like 1

I just re-watched the video from last night. This is a great show. They are my pick to join SCV and BD in the top 3. Unless, I think otherwise after seeing Cavaliers tomorrow night.

• Like 2

After watching the video from last night..... a couple times admittedly, this show is really starting to grow on me already. On my first view the show confused me but not anymore. I love the concept and their brass is killer as always. I think that battery will medal this year for sure and it would be awesome if they won.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

After watching the video from last night..... a couple times admittedly, this show is really starting to grow on me already. On my first view the show confused me but not anymore. I love the concept and their brass is killer as always. I think that battery will medal this year for sure and it would be awesome if they won.

The brass is a killer and there is plenty of visual demand and interesting drill moves. This is, IMO, their best season starting design since 2012/2013. 2015 is my favorite Crown show of them all, but we all know they didn't have the best product right out of the gate. I think they will see the rewards of this design this year. I'm very excited for them, especially after last year. That show, I did not like one bit.

• Like 2

I agree with everyone else that crown is on to something here. My only big gripe right now is the transitions aren’t quite as seamless as I’d like them to be. 

Also, the part where they say “the detail of the pattern is movement,” from the TS Elliot poem, Blue Springs HS used that in their show last year (2018) “from a different angle.” Placed 3rd in finals at grand nationals. Just an interesting fact. I think it works with both shows just fine. It is used in almost the exact same way. 

I don’t really think there is a lot slowing crown down rn. I’d be fine if from now on Crowns design would produce shows that are more intellectually based and make you think. I’d say that is more of their niche (like 2013, 15, 17) rather than celebratory shows like Beast, relentless, and whatever 2014 was.

Edited by WarriorWay
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, karuna said:

Honestly I think you'll continue to see tremendous growth in this caption.  There are some really talented spinners who IMHO just need a few shows under their belts.    Not drum corps rookies at all -- just new to CrownGuard and all that that implies.  

Hell they were stilL learning work and choreography on Sunday before the preview show.