Carolina Crown 2019

On 6/21/2019 at 4:41 PM, karuna said:

Honestly I think you'll continue to see tremendous growth in this caption.  There are some really talented spinners who IMHO just need a few shows under their belts.    Not drum corps rookies at all -- just new to CrownGuard and all that that implies.  

Yes, that's very clear now.  Tons of growth already and tons more potential.  Can't wait to see them grow throughout the season.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see CrownGuard tonight. Hopefully there will be no wind, and hopefully someone will post a video somewhere for us since Flo isn't streaming this one. No idea why they would choose last night over tonight. Much better lineup of the same corps from last night, plus a couple more. Ugh, Flo when will you figure this out?!

• Like 4

In the first crazy drill sequence in the show, there's a single person that doesn't have to move at all. It made me wonder- do you think that this was intentional. Obviously Saktig meant to do this, but is there an additional reason behind this. Since the show is "Beneath the Surface" perhaps the person in the middle may do something, like choreography while all this madness is happening around him/her?

For the person in the middle, my sympathies. :) Here's one of the greatest drill writers in DCI and you get to stand in one place the whole time people are running all around you.

1 hour ago, East9900 said:

In the first crazy drill sequence in the show, there's a single person that doesn't have to move at all. It made me wonder- do you think that this was intentional. Obviously Saktig meant to do this, but is there an additional reason behind this. Since the show is "Beneath the Surface" perhaps the person in the middle may do something, like choreography while all this madness is happening around him/her?

For the person in the middle, my sympathies. 🙂Here's one of the greatest drill writers in DCI and you get to stand in one place the whole time people are running all around you.

I think the 3-D pyramid drill has one person like that.

I'd LOVE to be that person: hit your dot and stand and they can't single you out for messing up the form. Haha!

Edited by CrownBariDad
Getting old
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Can't wait to see CrownGuard tonight. Hopefully there will be no wind, and hopefully someone will post a video somewhere for us since Flo isn't streaming this one. No idea why they would choose last night over tonight. Much better lineup of the same corps from last night, plus a couple more. Ugh, Flo when will you figure this out?!

I wish they would have chosen Evansville, too because I’m home tonight. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

26 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I'd LOVE to be that person: hit your dot and and stand and they can't single you out for messing up the form. Haha!

The guy who stood still in the 3-D pyramid on 2013 threw his hands up in the air in the victory run I thought that was hilarious! He’s the one in the very back of the form

• Haha 1

It's a SHOW DAY! Great job last night! Once more... with feeling. LET'S GO CROWN!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wish they would have chosen Evansville, too because I’m home tonight. 

I just think it's a much better lineup to stream. It just makes better sense in my mind. Then again, this is Flo were talking about, with their hiring ghosts to work the cameras.🎥👻

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I'd LOVE to be that person: hit your dot and stand and they can't single you out for messing up the form. Haha!

I would love to stand there and have everyone move around me. Breather, the small breeze caused by everyone moving around me, and I would get to watch the forms change. Lol.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I just think it's a much better lineup to stream. It just makes better sense in my mind. Then again, this is Flo were talking about, with their hiring ghosts to work the cameras.🎥👻

I would love to stand there and have everyone move around me. Breather, the small breeze caused by everyone moving around me, and I would get to watch the forms change. Lol.

Sigh -- at field level, it doesn't look like much. But up in the stands --- WOW!