Carolina Crown 2019

16 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Sigh -- at field level, it doesn't look like much. But up in the stands --- WOW!

True, I just never got the chance to march in what I call "cookie cutter" drill. I got a company front though, so that was nice. Lmao.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Haha 1

The other night I put out the question re Crown’s decision in 2013, to start the tour on the West coast that season. 

This should in no way be construed to suggest that BAC, Blooo & Cadets aren’t legitimate contenders, but only after a couple shows in, numbers are higher in West coast contests. Yes, I’m aware of the fool’s errand to compare different shows, but it does give one pause to consider..

Aside from the added expense to start the year way out there—which I’m sure is considerable—it would seem a sound strategy to go head to head as early as possible against those corps that have a high probability of being at or near the top come Indy.

SCV’s return to prominence is comparatively recent, but BD are always in the mix.

Edited by nsxanax
Grammar

5 hours ago, East9900 said:

In the first crazy drill sequence in the show, there's a single person that doesn't have to move at all. It made me wonder- do you think that this was intentional. Obviously Saktig meant to do this, but is there an additional reason behind this. Since the show is "Beneath the Surface" perhaps the person in the middle may do something, like choreography while all this madness is happening around him/her?

For the person in the middle, my sympathies. :) Here's one of the greatest drill writers in DCI and you get to stand in one place the whole time people are running all around you.

Yeah I can see why some may think it would be cool to be one of the ones running around doing this crazy drill but as a former marching member, hell no! I'll take that center spot all day, in fact, let's clean this move all day long! Nail your spot and just play. Visual staff don't have a reason to get on you and you get a nice little breather.

Just now, palmettomello said:

After watching the show quite a few times from different viewpoints, I've noticed some things about the drill. It makes me feel like there will a tarp along the front sideline and the area before the pit. Can anyone confirm or deny? 

There was a rumor of a tarp, but the people in the know on Reddit don't know anything of a tarp. 

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

There was a rumor of a tarp, but the people in the know on Reddit don't know anything of a tarp. 

I rewatched the Detroit show and a lot of the drill up at the front sideline was based around the white block that surrounds the field. The corps and specifically the guard got lost in all the white at times because of how light the uniform colors are and how much they use that space. Leads me to believe that something will be there by the end of the season to make all of that really pop, and possibly highlight the opener and closer drill sets. I saw the Reddit post but I don't think they will go full OFallon. 

Just now, palmettomello said:

I rewatched the Detroit show and a lot of the drill up at the front sideline was based around the white block that surrounds the field. The corps and specifically the guard got lost in all the white at times because of how light the uniform colors are and how much they use that space. Leads me to believe that something will be there by the end of the season to make all of that really pop, and possibly highlight the opener and closer drill sets. I saw the Reddit post but I don't think they will go full OFallon. 

I hope and pray that nobody will ever go full O'FOULlon again. Big foul...HUGE! Scrape...scrape...scrape...

14 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I hope and pray that nobody will ever go full O'FOULlon again. Big foul...HUGE! Scrape...scrape...scrape...

Everybody knows you never go full O'Fallon!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MPutnam said:

I wouldn't mind a nod to 2015 with some sheer white see- through fabric covering the hornline at the end of Gabriel's Oboe.

Thats a huge sheer...and I'd rather have it be pink or mimic the guard uniforms. Need more color instead of the almost whiteout fest we have. The colors read under the lights, but not very bright.