Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Doesn’t matter. Their spreads were consistent between them and the corps below them were to Bluecoats earlier in the week. Nothing at all to worry about. Crown will be there on finals night. Guard may hold them back against SCV and BD, but Crown will be there.

I know this, it just has to hurt to be lowballed like that. The confidence has been restored though, because they are killing it EVERY. NIGHT. Let's just hope that continues and Matt Harloff can continue to feed it!

As for the guard, everyone thought percussion was going to cost them in 2013...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OS2020 said:

Well there we are. After seeing the west coast scores it’s safe to say the Allentown judges were officially “high”

#Truth

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OS2020 said:

Well there we are. After seeing the west coast scores it’s safe to say the Allentown judges were officially “high”

I think Allentown was scored too high, and Vista scoring was too low. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I think Allentown was scored too high, and Vista scoring was too low. 

The scores across shows are always “pretty accurate” when you like the results.  When you don’t, everyone says “you cant compare across shows it’s not accurate”.  It’s pretty hysterical across the forums right now HAhaha. Homers shine through with biased opinions the most when this happens. not picking on you, just picked one of the many comments saying the same thing.  Going into last night people we’re wondering if crown and Bloo would hit 80 and asking the last corps to do that!  Now the message is. “Allentown was too high” with a top score of 78.65 

People are crazy. 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OS2020 said:

They weren't as high as yours were low.  There was no competition for Crown tonight.  This happened to Bloo last week.  Even the west coast show had no direct competition for 1st and the scores were held back.

Also... Bloo is really good, and Boston is exceeding night 1 expectations (even mine) with a pretty hefty visual design.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Like many folks I, too, fall prey to the fools errand of comparing across different shows. 

At this point in the season, the only thing I can say without equivocation is that I’m as excited about what Crown has on the field more than anything since ‘15.

Nobody’s beefing about violence [‘16], singing [‘17], or cohesiveness [‘18]. This show is straight ahead drum corps, at least the 21st century version of it. Whether they can execute to a high level and it’s rewarded by green shirts remains an open question.

Sure, I hope they’ll be in the mix for a medal in August, but in the mean time I’m simply going try and enjoy their—and some other—terrific shows.

Blink twice, and this season is but another memory...

• Like 3