Carolina Crown 2019

5 hours ago, nsxanax said:

At NightBEAT in ‘16, the show was called shortly after INT because of thunder storms. While I did get the opportunity to see Blooo’s  DS^, I missed my one and only chance at a live performance from Crown that year.

Since then I hedge my bet at NightBEAT, by arriving several hours beforehand and watch run throughs. It’s punctuated, of course, by numerous stop/starts and resets, but at least I’m assured of one live performance that season.

I got to aee them live that year, and it was something of a religious experience speaking personally. The original ending was in too. Bluecoats were at the show, but the best crowd reaction of the night was the ###### into the gun shot. The crowd went INSANE! I understand why they changed it though, and fully support it to this day. Just can't help imagining what if they hadn't.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I got to aee them live that year, and it was something of a religious experience speaking personally. The original ending was in too. Bluecoats were at the show, but the best crowd reaction of the night was the ###### into the gun shot. The crowd went INSANE! I understand why they changed it though, and fully support it to this day. Just can't help imagining what if they hadn't.

I'm glad they changed that closer. It took the show to the next level for me, it went from a whimsical wild west show to a show with a meaningful message 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Agree 100%. Totally get why the ending was modified, but the musical interlude, whereby mercy is shown to the miscreant bandit, seemed —for lack of a better way to express—to take steam out of the closer.

I recall watching finals on webcast, and Rondo said it was the best, third place show, he’d ever seen...

2 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Agree 100%. Totally get why the ending was modified, but the musical interlude, whereby mercy is shown to the miscreant bandit, seemed —for lack of a better way to express—to take steam out of the closer.

I recall watching finals on webcast, and Rondo said it was the best, third place show, he’d ever seen...

I srsly srsly loved Relentless. It was ignored and underrated in IMO. It had so many great moments. 

The closing where the corps holds hands is just awesome. And the CG that year .. whew. Crazy. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nsxanax said:

I feel like the ending was rushed that year, due to the circumstances. Had they had a little more time to play around with it I think it would have been MUCH better. At the very least they should have kept the ###### in. It would have help bring more drama to build up into the merciful ending.

• Like 1

What ever happened to a good old fashioned Anaheim drill?  Too old fashioned? 

1 hour ago, BWise said:

What ever happened to a good old fashioned Anaheim drill?  Too old fashioned? 

I love my old fashions. I drink one a night!

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I love my old fashions. I drink one a night!

With Crown on a 5 day stretch of rehearsals, old fashions sound like a wonderful idea!    Crown leaves Ohio tonight for the long drive to Fort Mill.  Two days at Nation Ford and then the short hop down to Lexington for CrownBeat.    

What has Crown been up to (besides cleaning, cleaning, cleaning) ? 

Have their been changes?  Additions?  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, nsxanax said:

They should have finished 2nd

• Like 1