Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Nice to have Crown back in a show.  These few shows should be fun but I'm really looking forward to Memphis where Crown will meet with Bloo again and SCV for the first time this season.  But I'm all for some home show HYPE!  

Me too... also looking forward to seeing how things stack up with Boston tonight. This will provide the first clues since they have been head to head with for the past 10 days. The real measure is as you rightly point out... Memphis!

34 minutes ago, karuna said:

I can't say enough about how these performers are getting to experience SO MUCH MORE than drum corps.  
Way to go, Crown.

Crown Cares, Surf's and Blue Stars food collections (for someone other than themselves) set the Class of the Activity.  The rest are too caught in narcissism.

Did anyone watch the stand-up from the baseball game?  Impressive brass of course blowing it out only like CrownBrass can .. but holy crap..  where did this percussion show up from. It was tight ...

29 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Crown Cares, Surf's and Blue Stars food collections (for someone other than themselves) set the Class of the Activity.  The rest are too caught in narcissism.

Sooooo close to being a nice, constructive, positive comment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, xandandl said:

All is cool .. but judging other groups is far from necessary. 

• Like 3

I will be at the show tonight and am really hyped.  Currently its a bit cloudy, but I'm hoping for the rain to stay away during the show.

Anyone else going?

19 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

All is cool .. but judging other groups is far from necessary. 

20 minutes ago, lintjerk said:

Sooooo close to being a nice, constructive, positive comment.

You are entitled to your opinion, and after over 50 years in the activity and in DCI since it's first meetings, so am I.  This is a judged activity on and off the field.                                                  Next you'll be backing sousaphones.

1 hour ago, karuna said:

I can't say enough about how these performers are getting to experience SO MUCH MORE than drum corps.  
Way to go, Crown.

I'm just sitting here surprised that no one yet has reminded you that BAC performers also get to experience so much more than drum corps :innocent:

• Haha 4