Carolina Crown 2019

It's a SHOW DAY! Let's Go CROWN!!!

• Like 4

Why isn't Crown playing at venues with more of the top competition? Who decides the tour route each corps takes. I imagine if Crown went head to head with bloo, scv, bd, or even bac, they would get more into having to really fight for it. I think I read someone else point this out a couple days ago...just re iterating the thought. 

1 minute ago, SimonSays said:

Why isn't Crown playing at venues with more of the top competition? Who decides the tour route each corps takes. I imagine if Crown went head to head with bloo, scv, bd, or even bac, they would get more into having to really fight for it. I think I read someone else point this out a couple days ago...just re iterating the thought. 

I mean, they were just in a show where Boston won a couple days ago 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I mean, they were just in a show where Boston won a couple days ago 

Yeah, and the reason could very well be the tour this year. Being the only corps in their tier for 95% of their tour takes its toll.

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Yeah, and the reason could very well be the tour this year. Being the only corps in their tier for 95% of their tour takes its toll.

I'm not convinced that matters, but who knows...  It really shouldn't matter.

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm not convinced that matters, but who knows...  It really shouldn't matter.

Because gauging yourself with the competition and pushing to beat the group who has continues to beat you in person each night doesn't matter. Lol. I'm sorry, but it does. If you're continuing to win because you're the only corps there in your tier you could and most likely will become complacent. Not saying they aren't still bringing it, but they aren't bringing it at the level they could be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Because gauging yourself with the competition and pushing to beat the group who has continues to beat you in person each night doesn't matter. Lol. I'm sorry, but it does. If you're continuing to win because you're the only corps there in your tier you could and most likely will become complacent. Not saying they aren't still bringing it, but they aren't bringing it at the level they could be.

...then there's pushing yourself to top your previous version of one's self, ala Blue Devils...

I'm sure Boston's enough motivation to push Crown.

I've been around the block to know quite a few iterations of motivation as I'm sure Crown staff is as well.  Crown and Boston's splitting up after this weekend isn't going to hurt either. If anything, Crown will be pushing hard for their next meeting.

I love your enthusiasm, but a bunch of us have that as well experience and previous history in memory to know there's no hard and fast rule about how to do things 

What I would love to know is if these corps plan their tours strategically to give themselves a break or an opportunity to compete with other corps.  I mean, I'd assume that it would be hard to do that given one corps wouldn't necessarily know other corps tours or how good they'd be....

• Like 3

Man .. what is up with Vis Prof.  Did anyone see the show? .. score is low and Crown can execute on marching. 

12 minutes ago, BWise said:

Man .. what is up with Vis Prof.  Did anyone see the show? .. score is low and Crown can execute on marching. 

No need. Just look at the name on the recap.  He's...um...special.   (and yeah i've heard his tapes before)

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1