Carolina Crown 2019

53 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not a guard person by any stretch of the imagination but I don’t love how they’re staged. 

It also does seem like the guard is the ones who are tasked with moving the props around, which decreases from their impact in certain stages while props are moving. They generally have a smaller Weapon line than most and that leads to some challenges with balance from Weapons to flags... They are almost creating an A and B flag line. And the A flag line would generally be where a larger weapon line would be.. And because they are flags you can't have them as integrated as a weapon would leading to some less than ideal staging.. 

This is one of the main reasons why BD is ahead of the game and generate effect from moving props around, because it feels essential to the show, whereas others it is an afterthought and not incorporated from the onset.. 

• Like 2

Everyone is talking like there isn't another month until finals. Sure, there are design issues, but the dirt will be cleaned. 

I believe CrownBEAT was an off night for them. Once they meet up with the rest of the top 6 and can accurately gauge where they are head to head we will should see some major changes.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

just watched a new video over on your favorite channel. The video is from high up and shows the great drill work in this years show. Some notable changes too i've notices.. still sad I wasn't able to see them in Orlando perform.  

Edited by Highwaydude
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

It also does seem like the guard is the ones who are tasked with moving the props around, which decreases from their impact in certain stages while props are moving. They generally have a smaller Weapon line than most and that leads to some challenges with balance from Weapons to flags... They are almost creating an A and B flag line. And the A flag line would generally be where a larger weapon line would be.. And because they are flags you can't have them as integrated as a weapon would leading to some less than ideal staging.. 

This is one of the main reasons why BD is ahead of the game and generate effect from moving props around, because it feels essential to the show, whereas others it is an afterthought and not incorporated from the onset.. 

Crown has been just a few tenths back from last year's Zingali-winning guard.   They're fine.  

IMO BD is trying to compensate for the shocking read they received from one of their long-time supporters last season by chucking their equipment WAY more this season.  (frankly they over compensated)  

Anyway It's ONE READ guys.  Same thing happened last season where the CrownBeat and Orlando panels had Boston far closer than any other panel the rest of the season.   Can you at least wait until Broken Arrow before pressing your panic button ? :laughing:

Edited by karuna
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Everyone is talking like there isn't another month until finals. Sure, there are design issues, but the dirt will be cleaned. 

I believe CrownBEAT was an off night for them. Once they meet up with the rest of the top 6 and can accurately gauge where they are head to head we will should see some major changes.

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Crown has been just a few tenths back from last year's Zingali-winning guard.   They're fine.  

IMO BD is trying to compensate for shocking the read they received from one of their long-time supporters last season by chucking their equipment WAY more this season.  (frankly they over compensated)  

Anyway It's ONE READ guys.  Same thing happened last season where the CrownBeat and Orlando panels had Boston far closer than any other panel the rest of the season.   Can you at least wait until Broken Arrow before pressing your panic button ? :laughing:

Unfortunately, my nature is such that the glass is generally half empty. To that end, this season—up to this point—resembles ‘14 & ‘18, whereas the bromides such as “lot of shows left,” “much cleaning/layering coming,” and the ultimate, deus ex machina “rework portion s/change ending” are offered or suggested by both supporters & critics alike.

Mea culpa, CrownFAITHFUL.

K and In-cog are not only optimistic, but they’re neither prisoners of the moment, and their takes on the state of CC are well reasoned.

Gonna step back from the ledge, put the pin back in the grenade, and enjoy the ride for the rest of the season.

Edited by nsxanax
Word choice
  • Like 1

I’m a former Bloo parent and huge Bloo fan, but I really like Crown’s show this year!  No reason to panic or worry, it’s a great show both musically and visually.  Enjoy what those MM’s are putting on the field for ALL of us to enjoy and relax about what you can’t control. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Unfortunately, my nature is such that the glass is generally half empty. To that end, this season—up to this point—resembles ‘14 & ‘18, whereas the bromides such as “lot of shows left,” “much cleaning/layering coming,” and the ultimate, deus ex machina “rework portion s/change ending” are offered or suggested by both supporters & critics alike.

K and In-cog are not only optimistic, but they’re neither prisoners of the moment, and their takes on the state of CC are well reasoned.

Gonna step back from the ledge, put the pin back in the grenade, and enjoy the ride for the rest of the season.

Like I said before, every great season Carolina Crown has had during the last decade had some rough spots. 

San Antonio: Crown landed themselves in 4th (behind Blue Devils, Cavaliers, and Holy Name Cadets) after a strong early season.
Finals Placement - 2nd

Akron: Crown started out the season in 3rd behind the Cadets (by 1.55) and Phantom Regiment (by 0.65).
Finals Placement - 2nd

Ocean Springs: Crown found themselves in 2nd behind the Cadets (by 0.25) after beating them the previous 3 shows.
Finals Placement - 1st

Houston: Crown ended up 4th behind the Cadets, Blue Devils, and Bluecoats. The show didn't come together until Atlanta.
Finals Placement - 2nd

The anomaly year. 3rd all season except for the handful of times they beat the Blue Devils out for 2nd.
Finals Placement - 3rd

Indianapolis: Crown started out the season losing to the Bluecoats. They didn't beat them until Broken Arrow, and never fell to them again.
Finals Placement - 3rd

This has been a great season for Crown with a great show. We still have a month left. Within the next 2 weeks is when Crowns shows start to truly come together. 

#CrownFaithful

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

My optimism is rooted in the fact that this is fundamentally a really good drum corps show with a really good drum corps.  Preseason my two biggest concerns -- new visual staff and younger hornline -- are already vaporized.  Guard is leaps and bounds better than the two previous seasons.  Going to be fun to see how this all shakes out.

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Because gauging yourself with the competition and pushing to beat the group who has continues to beat you in person each night doesn't matter. Lol. I'm sorry, but it does. If you're continuing to win because you're the only corps there in your tier you could and most likely will become complacent. Not saying they aren't still bringing it, but they aren't bringing it at the level they could be.

BD does just fine all by themselves because they don't compete against others, they compete against themselves 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dci76 said:

I’m a former Bloo parent and huge Bloo fan, but I really like Crown’s show this year!  No reason to panic or worry, it’s a great show both musically and visually.  Enjoy what those MM’s are putting on the field for ALL of us to enjoy and relax about what you can’t control. 

Thanks for sharing and your support.  I viewed a high cam view of the show and it has insane demand musically and visually.  Regardless of placements this season I truly believe Crown has a top 2 show in level of difficulty on the field.

• Like 2