Carolina Crown 2019

5 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Another nice day for rehearsal in an excellent stadium. I am sure they are making the most of it. Jeff Sacktig posted a video on FB of Crown playing Gabriels Oboe in honor of Kelly Wolner. Kelly played Mellophone in the Cadets in the mid 80s (and has a couple of rings as a result). She has been putting up a heroic fight against cancer. It was really touching to see the corps take the time to perform just for her and for Jeff to make it happen. One thing I love about Crown... always a class act.

And Kelly is a Class act and always has been.  She, her sisters, and her parents (WGI judge Dave McCarthy's in-laws.)  Kelly as a mello and drill tech is one reason Magic of Orlando made Finals. Send her my love and prayers......................from one cancer challenger to another.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

4e40d1df762b3dc5b85a91987887fd4d2cd76839

Certainly hope that some sort of music rewrite is coming of the a capella brass moment in Bucimis before the big hit with two lines of brass. I feel like so much momentum bleeds out there and it feels quite odd musically. Hoping to seem the corps excel in Memphis, TN on Saturday!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CrownedSantaPhantom said:

Certainly hope that some sort of music rewrite is coming of the a capella brass moment in Bucimis before the big hit with two lines of brass. I feel like so much momentum bleeds out there and it feels quite odd musically. Hoping to seem the corps excel in Memphis, TN on Saturday!

Musically, it’s my favorite section. Visually, not so much.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Or they're beating you over the head with the theme. 

This show is the perfect example of in your face show design versus makes you think show design.

If you want to see a corps beating you over the head with their theme, take a look at the Cadets. 

While Bluecoat's and BAC's shows are more accessible than Crown's that does not make them any less sophisticated or well designed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

While Bluecoat's and BAC's shows are more accessible than Crown's that does not make them any less sophisticated or well designed 

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Did anyone say they were less sophisticated or horribly designed? Unless my grasp of the English language is that of a alien, I'm 100% positive nobody has said that. 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

If you want to see a corps beating you over the head with their theme, take a look at the Cadets. 

While Bluecoat's and BAC's shows are more  as accessible as than Crown's that does not make them any less sophisticated or well designed 

FTFY.  

Watch Crown in person.  You won't have any trouble with accessibility.   It's a really good drum corps show and live --  you just don't care if you don't get every nuance.  

Bluecoats and Boston -- same thing (although I find Boston's show a little TOO obvious -- that's just me).  

Actually I take that back.  There's nothing sophisticated about Boston.  They are hit you over the head with a big hammer obvious -- far from a "sophisticated" design.   Nothing wrong with that approach -- just not what I'd call sophisticated at all.

Edited by karuna
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

If you want to see a corps beating you over the head with their theme, take a look at the Cadets

Never miss an opportunity to take a swipe at the Cadets!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

Never miss an opportunity to take a swipe at the Cadets!

Edited by craiga

I think Crown is going to have a strong next couple weeks and really silence some of these keyboard critics. Their show has more rom to grow than a couple others around them imo

go Crown!

• Like 4