Carolina Crown 2019

3 minutes ago, poprocks said:

Some things just translate to the field better than others. All kidding aside though, math is not a theme I’m likely to enjoy in any kind of medium.

No kidding. The only math I want to learn at a show is how many steps is it up to the concourse to get a beer. 

• Haha 5

Yeah maybe the only themes that are understood nowadays is when corps show's are about moving up and down on slides and tilting.  Those shows made so much sense that I even I felt like a genius, because "I got it." 

LoL!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Yeah maybe the only themes that are understood nowadays is when corps show's are about moving up and down on slides and tilting.  Those shows made so much sense that I even I felt like a genius, because "I got it." 

LoL!

The Bluecoats design team is the best in the business. They typically have a theme that is not dependent on a story line...that is the way to design an entertaining show! Honestly, I don't get (nor do I care to) the story line and how it connects to the theme for most DCI corps. And if you're one of the few that actually understands these stupid story line based shows, does it really add to the entertainment value of the presentation? And this is not a new vs old issue...it is an entertainment issue.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dans said:

The Bluecoats design team is the best in the business. They typically have a theme that is not dependent on a story line...that is the way to design an entertaining show! Honestly, I don't get (nor do I care to) the story line and how it connects to the theme for most DCI corps. And if you're one of the few that actually understands these stupid story line based shows, does it really add to the entertainment value of the presentation? And this is not a new vs old issue...it is an entertainment issue.

They are good but not the best 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They are good but not the best 

For my money, Bluecoats design team is the best. They consistently design entertaining shows that hold my interest. Most top tier shows these days put me to sleep.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dans said:

For my money, Bluecoats design team is the best. They consistently design entertaining shows that hold my interest. Most top tier shows these days put me to sleep.

BD 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, dans said:

It's all in those dadgum show themes. Use KISS when deciding on a theme, make it understandable and relatable to old geezers like me and follow through with it from Is Your Corps Ready to the final note. I don't claim to know squat as to what goes into these things, but if it entertains me, I call it a winner and yes, I would agree Bluecoats do this the best. 

16 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

BD 

Second this...nobody else is consistently better year in year out

• Like 3