Carolina Crown 2019

2 minutes ago, BWise said:

Since Bloo has been a topic in this group .. I don’t like the show at all. It is way overdone .. feels like a trip to candyland and was bought at  Disneyworld. It’s just synthetic. Not to insult but who is really designing these shows?  Is it hired out? 

Bluecoats were one of the most conservative marching corps out there and then boom .. they are this? It just seems such a stretch. I know there was some group out of London they worked with on Tilt .. just wondering if they are working “with” someone now. 

I think you should read up on the history of Bluecoats. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, karuna said:

People can't help themselves.  They want to just say "MY corps is better than THIS corps" but they don't want to say that out loud so they come up with silly things like "lacks cohesiveness" because it sounds so objective.  Not sure why people are so afraid to just openly admit their bias.   Heck I think Crown is the best drum corps EVERY SEASON!  Sure I know that's just hype and homerism and SO WHAT?!?   

GO CROWN!

Hmm nope. It’s about design. I love crown and the shows they do but usually the visual isn’t as interesting or integrated, and same goes for the music. I’d say since 17’ this has been the trend hence why they can’t break into the top 2 again. I mean what even is the drill this year? Yeah okay there are some cool sets like usual but by enlarge it’s curvilinear for no reason and doesn’t lead into phrases all that well. Musically I do like this show, but I think the Gabriel’s oboe was pretty butchered. I don’t really care about the whole props thing, honestly I think this show would be better with no props...

17 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Edited by BWise
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BWise said:

Since Bloo has been a topic in this group .. I don’t like the show at all. It is way overdone .. feels like a trip to candyland and was bought at  Disneyworld. It’s just synthetic. Not to insult but who is really designing these shows?  Is it hired out? 

Bluecoats were one of the most conservative marching corps out there and then boom .. they are this? It just seems such a stretch. I know there was some group out of London they worked with on Tilt .. just wondering if they are working “with” someone now. 

Bloo just gets me so excited about DCI every year. It’s modern design at its best (in my biased, un-informed view) - I’ve not marched but Bloo makes me wish I got the chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BWise said:

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BWise said:

2013 to 2014 and on.. different corps to me. You don’t have to agree .. it’s ok. And I loved Tilt .. and the rest .. well jagged line not so much. .. they seemed to march very much within the lines prior to 2014 .. maybe it’s just my perception. 

They have led the change in the activity in almost every respect. Some like it, some do not. But the roots of the design team are in no way “between the lines.” 

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I think Crown fans believe they should win the gold every other year. I don’t think the rest of the drum corps fan base believes this.

100% agree. It’s great to aspire for the gold each year, I mean it’s just part of being in a competitive activity but thinking anything less than gold is a failure is just one of the more “non-Crown” lines of thinking people can have...