Carolina Crown 2019

35 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

That video actually really assured me of the quality of the design. I too would like a more popping color guard though. I'm thinking something red.

I was thinking the hot pink so that there is still come correlation between the guard uniforms and the corps proper uniforms. Could even add in an array of the black barring from the corps jackets. I think the monochrome from the guard uniform would look good going across the stage floor, but a more vivid version of it so that the colors pop. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I said the same thing when I first seen Crown and believe George Dixon agreed that the visual is vanilla and sterile.

Having watched a video up high of CrownBEAT with the volume off, the forms are not being interpreted by the MM’s.  Lots of individual marching issues too. Pretty unforgivable from up high. 

On the other hand BAC was much more cleaner and readable from the same camera angle. After seeing both shows from the same night and camera angle, the spread should have been more between the two corps. 

Well if George Dixon says.....

And I don’t think there were any judges riding in that drone!  

No doubt Crown has far more to clean than Boston. That’s only a bad thing if you can’t get it clean. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I was thinking the hot pink so that there is still come correlation between the guard uniforms and the corps proper uniforms. Could even add in an array of the black barring from the corps jackets. I think the monochrome from the guard uniform would look good going across the stage floor, but a more vivid version of it so that the colors pop. 

IF Crown is actually hearing about the contrast and IF it’s a general consensus vs just one guy then perhaps a change is in order.  I don’t lose the weapons or flags— just the dancers. But this show is written for a big venue. It will read poorly in smaller stadiums.   

5 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Hi, have you met the Blue Devils fans? They have a room here too. I'm sure they would love to hear from you, just make sure you switch the words Carolina Crown with the Blue Devils. See how it turns out for ya.

This. SCVs show makes absolutely no sense, and they can try to explain it all they want but all I will see is Babylon 2.0. Crowns show is actually about something, not just saying "We don't want to be part of the status quo". To me, SCV's show is random music they wanted to play with a theme slapped on that feels like it's a second thought.

I think it's the guard uniforms that are the problem. The corps uniforms would look just find had they not went with guard uniforms that look exactly the same as the corps uniforms from a distance. Had they turned the volume up on the colors in the guard uniform I think we would be seeing things differently. There are visual moments, they're just no differentiated right now because of the lack of color.

Again, see the Blue Devils comment above.

"Interesting" and "Integrated" are just replacement for cohesive. 

Oh, and what even is the drill this year?

It's a big secret.

Lean in closely.

Are you ready?

It's actual drill that has to be marched.

Ever seen Dumbo? Or Alice in Wonderland?

Okay, so can we both agree that Crown has the hardest drill this year of any corps? Or would you give that award to so another corps? This I might agree with you on. It might be just the lack of drill seen by the other corps makes crown look like they’ve got the hardest drill book.

3 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Oooh hot pink on a corps is sexy! Wonder if a corps has used that color😜

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

Okay, so can we both agree that Crown has the hardest drill this year of any corps? Or would you give that award to so another corps? This I might agree with you on. It might be just the lack of drill seen by the other corps makes crown look like they’ve got the hardest drill book.

Crown 100% has the hardest drill I've seen in a while. Blue Stars take second in that category.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Oooh hot pink on a corps is sexy! Wonder if a corps has used that color😜

Whether another corps has used it or not, it would still help with the coloring on the field while still correlating to the corps uniforms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Whether another corps has used it or not, it would still help with the coloring on the field while still correlating to the corps uniforms.

This year’s uniform is a beautiful canvas. It would be very surprising if the designers do not add more accents and splashes of color. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ediker said:

This year’s uniform is a beautiful canvas. It would be very surprising if the designers do not add more accents and splashes of color. 

It's pretty up close, but the further back you go the more in blends in with the corps uniforms. Anytime I see this show on Flo they blend in with the corps, and that's in these smaller high school and smaller college venues. It may be different in an indoor facility, but I don't see it being a good different with the glare from the lights...

• Like 4