Carolina Crown 2019

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

It's pretty up close, but the further back you go the more in blends in with the corps uniforms. Anytime I see this show on Flo they blend in with the corps, and that's in these smaller high school and smaller college venues. It may be different in an indoor facility, but I don't see it being a good different with the glare from the lights...

I agree completely that they need to make the guard stand out when among the musicians. The base uniform design is very good because it can be easily layered with a wide palette of colors. They’ll get to it. It’s too good of an opportunity to miss. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I agree completely that they need to make the guard stand out when among the musicians. The base uniform design is very good because it can be easily layered with a wide palette of colors. They’ll get to it. It’s too good of an opportunity to miss. 

If they do, I firmly believe the guard and visual scores will see an increase. Sure there is definitely still come cleaning that needs to be done, but helping the guard to stand out will help the staging issue if not fix it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

If they do, I firmly believe the guard and visual scores will see an increase. Sure there is definitely still come cleaning that needs to be done, but helping the guard to stand out will help the staging issue if not fix it.

Totally. The design of this show requires a longer maturity time, and Crown cleans with the best of them.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ediker said:

Totally. The design of this show requires a longer maturity time, and Crown cleans with the best of them.  

Exactly the point I've been trying to make, people just want to complain about the Crown honks. Lol. Mature shows take longer to mature, and I believe this team will get it there. Will it win? Unlikely, but will it medal? Very possible. It's not always about winning with us, we just want to get back to medal contention after the year we had last year with that...show.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Exactly the point I've been trying to make, people just want to complain about the Crown honks. Lol. Mature shows take longer to mature, and I believe this team will get it there. Will it win? Unlikely, but will it medal? Very possible. It's not always about winning with us, we just want to get back to medal contention after the year we had last year with that...show.

They will medal, just in case, they beat two of the following BD BAC SVC and/or BC.

I understand, winning is one thing, getting a medal is another, and being in contention to get a medal is still another.

18 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

They will medal, just in case, they beat two of the following BD BAC SVC and/or BC.

I understand, winning is one thing, getting a medal is another, and being in contention to get a medal is still another.

So far, there are :

• two corps with good shows and three strong sections (they'll likely medal);
  • one corps with a questionable show and three strong sections (good chance at medaling); 
  • two corps with good shows, each with one weaker section (possible chance of either medaling); and
  • one highly competitive dark horse who beat BD in brass more than once this season.

Hard to know how this will all shake out.

• Like 2

My favorite is when others troll the thread and make snarky personal remarks. Go back to your thread .. and snark at your own ppl. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BWise said:

My favorite is when others troll the thread and make snarky personal remarks. Go back to your thread .. and snark at your own ppl. 

Welcome to the Crown thread. I hope you enjoy your stay. 😂

• Haha 1

Crown will do just fine. The visual ppl have to see the fade out on the guard. I mean it’s obvious so... I am assuming something happens there. Or hoping?

Someone else has said it requires so long to clean 🧼 the difficult drill .. that the extras for visual and GE don’t have time to show up  ... it so hard to tell on a video stream  ... I won’t see anyone live until Atlanta and then Indy.   

Me thinks there will be a lot of place switching going down the final stretch  ..