Carolina Crown 2019

7 hours ago, karuna said:

Calling a show a beast is long standing metaphor for me.  Always asked performers 'would the beast own them or would they own the beast?'  The moment that transition from one to the other occurs is a very rewarding experience for a designer/instructor.  In any case -- tying this to Beast -- this year is clearly a reflection of learning from last year's experiences.  (so there - I tied them together as well) 

I was only kidding... could not resist... but excellent recovery on the justification!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I would like to see Crown beat Boston tonight and be less than a point from SCV

What I would LIKE to see is Crown beating BOTH SCV and Boston. What I expect to see is as you state above.

• Like 4

What I would like to see is them performing extremely clean and putting an 87 up, but sadly that score is not likely to happen just yet. I still think they have a chance to take it 😀

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

What I would LIKE to see is Crown beating BOTH SCV and Boston. What I expect to see is as you state above.

My guess is that CrownLAND will be far more interested in the size of spreads, rather than placement. 

Sure, fans and honks alike hope for a show that arrives at Indy as a legitimate contender, but tonight will be a an important snapshot of where Crown stacks up in the mix.

They’ve had time over the last week to lick their wounds from CrownBEAT and do what they do, to right the ship. 

Not saying it’s make or break for them—yet—but this is an opportunity to announce their presence with authority.

BTW, a day w/o a Bull Durham quote or paraphrase is a day lost...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

My guess is that CrownLAND will be far more interested in the size of spreads, rather than placement. 

Sure, fans and honks alike hope for a show that arrives at Indy as a legitimate contender, but tonight will be a an important snapshot of where Crown stacks up in the mix.

They’ve had time over the last week to lick their wounds from CrownBEAT and do what they do, to right the ship. 

Not saying it’s make or break for them—yet—but this is an opportunity to announce their presence with authority.

BTW, a day w/o a Bull Durham quote or paraphrase is a day lost...

Actually... I would like to see a "statement" performance... regardless of score/placement. If they come out and light the place up and perform the dickens out of the show that will serve them better than a so-so show and better score. I want a performance everyone will be talking about (positively). 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Actually... I would like to see a "statement" performance... regardless of score/placement. If they come out and light the place up and perform the dickens out of the show that will serve them better than a so-so show and better score. I want a performance everyone will be talking about (positively). 

Let’s split—or throw—the baby, as it were: an ELECTRIC performance WITH respectable numbers?! 

BTW, a day w/o quoting or paraphrasing Michael Cesario is a day lost🎺🎼

Edited by nsxanax
Name
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Let’s split—or throw—the baby, as it were: an ELECTRIC performance WITH respectable numbers?! 

BTW, a day w/o quoting or paraphrasing Dennis Delucia is a day lost🎺🎼

Yes... a performance with baby throwing would be nice! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

BTW, a day w/o quoting or paraphrasing Dennis Delucia is a day lost🎺🎼

The WCU performance had me like...:babies:

Sure, there were some uncharacteristic things that happened, but overall it was a #### good performance musically and visually.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 1

Just now, MusicManNJ said:

Yes... a performance with baby throwing would be nice! 

I’ve corrected my error: it was Cesario, not Delucia, who made the memorable, electric comment w/Rondo in ‘98...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

I’ve corrected my error: it was Cesario, not Delucia, who made the memorable, electric comment w/Rondo in ‘98...

They were always talking about the throwing of babies in the 83 Cadets staff. ALWAYS... along with carrying the "Music Bat" and doing the "Moose Dance." Mostly the percussion staff on the later two items... the whole staff (including Michael Cesario) was into the baby throwing. To bring this back to Crown... Klesch was on the podium and Hannum was running percussion. Jeff Sacktig was a youngster eyeing his first chance to march!

Edited by MusicManNJ
spelling error
  • Thanks 1