Carolina Crown 2019

This a.m., the FIRST THING I did was watch/listen to K’s posting of the WCU, Gab’s Oboe, in the round.

Starting the day with tears of joy and a showstopping, ear worm is better than a Vente Dark Roast, with 5 x expresso shots

Edited by nsxanax
Typo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

I’ve corrected my error: it was Cesario, not Delucia, who made the memorable, electric comment w/Rondo in ‘98...

Can we have some Tom Blair quotes?

Oh, come on guys, don't blow this!

Is that where they did the flag through the fence post?

Eh, a little slimmy there.

Gotta go with the horsies when you have the horsies.

Ah! GET OUT OF MY *&#!*%*$&*#%!!! RRrrrrRRRrrr!

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Lance said:

getting electrocuted by a show is better than bathing in chocolate for a show...to me anyway

Marginally kinky, but in the best possible way🍫

• Haha 2

Just got my first good read of Crowns show from start to finish. I was just having a lot of trouble finding a good video before.

1. I love the visuals/drill and how much they March+ move throughout the show. 

2. This corps is too good to be in 5th place (but so has just about every corps since 2014).

3. I find this show to be musically accessible- the opener is catchy, the ballad is reminiscent of a great Phantom ballad of the past, I LOVE LOVE the Latin style closer.

My issue- it doesn't sound like a Crown Brass book to me. Every show since 08 their brass has brought my jaw to the floor. The talent is there this year but the book just doesn't get me there.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Just got my first good read of Crowns show from start to finish. I was just having a lot of trouble finding a good video before.

2. This corps is too good to be in 5th place (but so has just about every corps since 2014).

3. I find this show to be musically accessible- the opener is catchy, the ballad is reminiscent of a great Phantom ballad of the past, I LOVE LOVE the Latin style closer.

My issue- it doesn't sound like a Crown Brass book to me. Every show since 08 their brass has brought my jaw to the floor. The talent is there this year but the book just doesn't get me there.

I suspect you may be right. However, until we get a big regional under our belt, I am reserving judgment.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Maybe they're trying something different? Putting a corps and telling them they can't go out of that corner would make this activity very boring and predictable.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Maybe they're trying something different? Putting a corps and telling them they can't go out of that corner would make this activity very boring and predictable.

Very true- I do really like the show I just wish the brass book was a little crazier.