Carolina Crown 2019

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

We're completely speculating on the guard/color thing.   No idea if they're really hearing that from the GE judges (somehow I doubt it now -- both the GE judges and the guard judges would hitting them hard for this by now).  

I think it's just a matter of this show reading really well in big venues and not so well in smaller venues.  

Crown appears to be positioned very well to make a run at the medals.  Not sure anyone is catching Bloo.  Gonna be a fun ride 'til the end.  

No idea either. Maybe the guard is doing just fine to be honest, I'm really not a guard guy. I do watch though intensely after a couple of re-runs of watching the hornline though. The whole color thing is just what I've gathered. Could be both my near AND far sightedness LOL. In your opinion, in the context of guard uniforms just to beat the horse dead, what difference would a small or large venue have any difference in readability? Press box view to be specific. Oh man, Bluecoats are the one to beat this year... but I love roller coasters especially with loops so bring it on 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

No idea either. Maybe the guard is doing just fine to be honest, I'm really not a guard guy. I do watch though intensely after a couple of re-runs of watching the hornline though. The whole color thing is just what I've gathered. Could be both my near AND far sightedness LOL. In your opinion, in the context of guard uniforms just to beat the horse dead, what difference would a small or large venue have any difference in readability? Press box view to be specific. Oh man, Bluecoats are the one to beat this year... but I love roller coasters especially with loops so bring it on 🙂

It's pretty simple:  The guard is extremely well integrated to drill.  If you're not high enough,  you can lose them.    There's space around them but only if your looking down from right vantage point.  

They're dancing and spinning really well and the work is FAR more effective than the past two years.  Chris, Erin, and Lisa are making their presence felt in a really big way.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, karuna said:

It's pretty simple:  The guard is extremely well integrated to drill.  If you're not high enough,  you can lose them   There's space around them but only if your looking down from right vantage point.  

They're dancing and spinning really well and the work is FAR more effective than the past two years.  Chris, Erin, and Lisa are making their presence felt in a really big way.  

Dunno if everyone’s had an opportunity to see it, but there’s a terrific vid goin’ ‘round—forget the show—that a fellow shot from a drone. 

And of course it gave pause to wonder: might this one day be a useful tool, to be utilized by adjudicators? 

Now you can argue that if the drill can’t be properly analyzed from a “normal” or at least assessable sight line available in a particular venue, then it shouldn’t be on the field in the first place. 

Just fodder for speculation I suppose. 

9 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Dunno if everyone’s had an opportunity to see it, but there’s a terrific vid goin’ ‘round—forget the show—that a fellow shot from a drone. 

And of course it gave pause to wonder: might this one day be a useful tool, to be utilized by adjudicators? 

Now you can argue that if the drill can’t be properly analyzed from a “normal” or at least assessable sight line available in a particular venue, then it shouldn’t be on the field in the first place. 

Just fodder for speculation I suppose. 

You write your show for Indy.  It's almost a drone shot from the box there.  Very high with a steep angle to the field.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, karuna said:

Well Crown is off to the Walmart show !!  Interestingly they are NOT at Bentonville HS (where they've been for quite a number of years) but instead are at Rogers HS.  

A gorgeous day of rehearsal and an evening of laundry! Hoping Barry does not interfere with Monday's show!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, karuna said:

You write your show for Indy.  It's almost a drone shot from the box there.  Very high with a steep angle to the field.  

From the judging area, Indy is not as high and steep as some other stadiums during the summer. 

10 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Where's poppycock?

What a night at The Stud. The rave was spectacular. 

Onto the show! Crown and Boston will stay second tier and not medal.

Those naughty little Devils were rained out but there’s no way to avoid their presence, here they come. 

Of course top tier will be BD, Bluecoats and Vanguard. 

Congratulations to Vanguard! You made the West Coasters proud. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, karuna said:

.  Not sure anyone is catching Bloo.  Gonna be a fun ride 'til the end.  

At this point, I don’t think Vanguard or Crown will catch Bloo. BD is a wild card. I think they have the best show of the season. I think they are the ones to beat. But, one of three things is going to happen:

1. BD is going to win out, unchallenged to the title.

2. BD and Bloo are neck-and-neck and it’s going to be a battle for the finish.

3. Bloo is going to go undefeated, unchallenged for the title. 

Again *I* think BD has the best show - doesn’t mean the judges do. 

• Like 2