Carolina Crown 2019

8 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

My how you've changed your song over the last week. 

Perhaps because I know it's almost impossible to over come a 8 tenth gap when you're amongst the very top (the corps at the very top just don't have enough weaknesses for that to happen). So yeah, I don't think Vanguard is going to catch Bluecoats, I don't think Crown is going to catch Vanguard, I don't think BAC is going to catch Crown, and I think BD is either 1st or 2nd. Vanguard just met up with Bluecoats a week ago, so yeah, I have changed my tune I guess. 

Edited by queenanne_1536

7 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

True. The SCV show as a whole isn't necessarily better than Crowns I was just referring to the music book. 

Don't necessarily think they should be ahead of Crown in 8/12 captions. I'm not a guard person though and Crown scored 3rd in guard- so I'm sure that's a contributor to their visual scores.

12 out of 16 captions. Vanguard's guard is definitely better than Crown's and that just won't change. Crown needs to beat SCV in brass and come close in percussion. If they do, that could make music a wash. Then they need to take them in visual, but guard is going to hinder that. If Vanguard wins guard (which they are capable of doing) and Crown places 6th in guard (which is a very big possibility) or lower, then they will not take Vanguard in visual. Music and Visual bleed into GE so if Vanguard tops them in those captions, then in all likelihood they will top them in GE. Catching Vanguard is their only way into the top 3.

I would have Crown ahead of Vanguard in at least all the content captions in GE and Visual (except guard) and close in brass. I'm not a judge. Obviously, the judges see more in Vanguard's show right now, and that is just unlikely to change.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

Just got back from watching their rehearsal in Rogers...first time I was able to attend one of those. Interesting how they work. It's so easy to see the dedication each member puts into what they're doing. They're having fun and working hard.

I dunno...It was just like what others have said. Brass top notch, though I think they held back some, hopefully saving it for the show tomorrow which I'll get to see first hand.. It seemed like the members were really young...less veterans than usual. A tuba left the field for some reason. They said they had to fill a percussion hole eventually...not sure which one though..a tenor...I think... The brass worked on spacing issues in the drill toward the end. I hope I don't get blasted for this...but I just don't like what the ensemble does during the ballad while the duet is playing. Maybe they'll change it up. It looks like they've got more planned for the end as well...but they're keeping it under wraps.

This is definitely a medal contender. I have no doubts on that at all. If they can get that GE up a bit, ...

Edited by SimonSays
  • Like 2

2015 San Antonio

1 The Cadets 87.650

2 Blue Devils 87.300

3 Carolina Crown 86.200

4 Bluecoats 85.625

2015 Atlanta

1 Carolina Crown 91.500

2 Blue Devils 91.475

3 The Cadets 90.800

4 Bluecoats 89.525

2015 Finals

1 Blue Devils 97.650

2 Carolina Crown 97.075

3 Bluecoats 96.925

4 The Cadets 95.900

I rest my case. Impossible or not, Crown has done it before. Just under a month left, anything can happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SimonSays said:

Just got back from watching their rehearsal in Rogers...first time I was able to attend one of those. Interesting how they work. It's so easy to see the dedication each member puts into what they're doing. They're having fun and working hard.

I dunno...It was just like what others have said. Brass top notch, though I think they held back some, hopefully saving it for the show tomorrow which I'll get to see first hand.. It seemed like the members were really young...less veterans than usual. A tuba left the field for some reason. They said they had to fill a percussion hole eventually...not sure which one though..a tenor...I think... The brass worked on spacing issues in the drill toward the end. I hope I don't get blasted for this...but I just don't like what the ensemble does during the ballad while the duet is playing. Maybe they'll change it up. It looks like they've got more planned for the end as well...but they're keeping it under wraps.

This is definitely a medal contender. I have no doubts on that at all. If they can get that GE up a bit, ...

GE is right behind SCV. It definitely has room to grow.

• Like 1

Gotta love all the recap "analysis" going on here.  So many experts :cool:   So I'll just remind everyone that:

• This was NOT a regional panel.  Just an ordinary show. 
  • No one is "done" with there show.   
  • Some shows take longer to get clean than others. 
  • All the "numbers" are pretty much window-dressing for a completely subjective opinion. 

Enjoy the shows! 

Edited by karuna
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Forgive me if this has already been discussed as I'm too lazy to go through the recent pages of this thread......any word on the missing snare player? I see that the top bass is back in action after a foot injury, which is awesome to see (great recovery Anna) but also see that there are still only 7 snares 😟

1 hour ago, blakman7 said:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed as I'm too lazy to go through the recent pages of this thread......any word on the missing snare player? I see that the top bass is back in action after a foot injury, which is awesome to see (great recovery Anna) but also see that there are still only 7 snares 😟

I actuslly didn't notice this. I was too into the performance! Just like I missed the guard person trying to do the flag exchange that hasn't been added in for performance yet! 

2 hours ago, blakman7 said:

I went to their rehearsal yesterday in Rogers and I heard them say they were going to have to fix the hole in drum line....I thought maybe it was a tenor but I guess it's a snare from what you said. If they're going to fix the hole, it makes me think that for some reason the snare player won't be returning. I don't know if that's the case. That's just what was said over the field mic.