Carolina Crown 2019

45 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

I went to their rehearsal yesterday in Rogers and I heard them say they were going to have to fix the hole in drum line....I thought maybe it was a tenor but I guess it's a snare from what you said. If they're going to fix the hole, it makes me think that for some reason the snare player won't be returning. I don't know if that's the case. That's just what was said over the field mic. 

Sounds like they're just going to adjust the drill.

11 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I would have Crown ahead of Vanguard in at least all the content captions in GE and Visual (except guard) and close in brass. I'm not a judge. Obviously, the judges see more in Vanguard's show right now, and that is just unlikely to change.

And this can change depending upon the Judge.

• Like 1

IT'S A SHOW DAY! LET'S GO CROWN!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lyndakay27 said:

Snare player out for season with broken arm.  Drill will need to adjust. 

I have removed my comment rather than have another poster mock the disappointment of the injured member. Crown and he deserve better than that. 

Edited by xandandl

So I re-watched the Memphis Flomarching performance of Crown, SCV, and Boston.  Based on my untrained eye, it appears Crown has the most visually to clean of the three of them.  Who knows if that will be enough, plus whatever changes they intend to make over the coming weeks, but I could see this show leaping into third or second place on the high end and on the low end placing in 4-5.  Regardless of placement, I am a big fan of this show and I like how competitive it is with the other top 6 corps.  To me, they have proved that you can still have demanding drill in your visual, as it is becoming less and less appreciated.  I also get the argument that there are other types of visual demand (i.e. choreography), of which Crown offers fans a healthy balance of both styles. 

-I am hoping for an 87.4 score tonight!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, B-Flat said:

-I am hoping for an 87.4 score tonight!

Depends on the panel configuration (seeing lots of 5 personal panels with smaller number of competing corps). 8s could be wild in this scenario (88). 

Edited by MusicManNJ
  • Haha 1

Well just got back from watching them in Bentonville...they were definitely holding back yesterday at rehearsal because they were so much better tonight, and it was lightly raining during their performance...which I expect is the reason the score is what it is...I think they were scored too low. But I'm bias. So much better than last years' Beast I saw live. I wish I remember what I felt after watching Inferno live in 2015...I do remember I was disappointed they didn't use the large black banner at the beginning because of the humidity. I didn't think there was much of a chance for them to place where they ended up. 

Anyways...they were amazing tonight. We'll get to see how they measure up tomorrow night in Broken Arrow. 

Edited by SimonSays

50 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

Well just got back from watching them in Bentonville...they were definitely holding back yesterday at rehearsal because they were so much better tonight, and it was lightly raining during their performance...which I expect is the reason the score is what it is...I think they were scored too low. But I'm bias. So much better than last years' Beast I saw live. I wish I remember what I felt after watching Inferno live in 2015...I do remember I was disappointed they didn't use the large black banner at the beginning because of the humidity. I didn't think there was much of a chance for them to place where they ended up. 

Anyways...they were amazing tonight. We'll get to see how they measure up tomorrow night in Broken Arrow. 

When they are the only top 6 corps at a show they get scored low. It happens with any corps though, because they dont have anyone below them pushing their score higher.

• Like 2