Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

If you know there is plenty of time left, then why say they need to get a move on? You're completely contradicting yourself with every post. 

I also said I was hopeful in both posts. Crown can keep cleaning all they want to, but they have to do something to this show to close that gap quickly is what I was trying to say. Could I have phrased it better? Yes, but the show is missing something that could tie it together. I hope they make it more clear and add something that will push them forward sooner rather than later is all I meant

Don't get me wrong, this show is much better than last year, but the spread last night from 1st to 4th is nothing to ignore simply because we haven't had a regional yet. I do not see much of a difference in spread between last night and Saturday unless they throw something new in there

Edited by TigerBaritone19

21 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I also said I was hopeful in both posts. Crown can keep cleaning all they want to, but they have to do something to this show to close that gap quickly is what I was trying to say. Could I have phrased it better? Yes, but the show is missing something that could tie it together. I hope they make it more clear and add something that will push them forward sooner rather than later is all I meant

Don't get me wrong, this show is much better than last year, but the spread last night from 1st to 4th is nothing to ignore simply because we haven't had a regional yet. I do not see much of a difference in spread between last night and Saturday unless they throw something new in there

Crown historically does the big layering between San Antonio and Atlanta, and sometimes will push it all the way to Allentown. Not sure if you're newer to the CrownFANDOM or not, but us "dinosaurs" (I'm only 28, but according to Reddit that makes me a dinosaur in DCI years) who have been around for a while (for me it started in 2007, but could arguably go back to 2003) we know when to start hitting the panic button. It's not time yet. The regional judges are the ones who we will have to trust. Crown went from 3rd to 1st from San Antonio to Atlanta in 2015 after being behind by 1.45 (some people are saying that .8 is impossible to overcome these days). They have a history of pulling the show together. Now, sometimes it ends up not being enough and that's perfectly fine. 4th isn't anything to shy away from when people are predicting them in 6th or 7th. We still have time, and I'm sure the design team has some tricks up their sleeves considering how cohesive this show already is and how well they are working together this year. 

In short, get your hand away from the panic button and enjoy the ride for now. We will let you know when you can hit it.

4 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Crown historically does the big layering between San Antonio and Atlanta, and sometimes will push it all the way to Allentown. Not sure if you're newer to the CrownFANDOM or not, but us "dinosaurs" (I'm only 28, but according to Reddit that makes me a dinosaur in DCI years) who have been around for a while (for me it started in 2007, but could arguably go back to 2003) we know when to start hitting the panic button. It's not time yet. The regional judges are the ones who we will have to trust. Crown went from 3rd to 1st from San Antonio to Atlanta in 2015 after being behind by 1.45 (some people are saying that .8 is impossible to overcome these days). They have a history of pulling the show together. Now, sometimes it ends up not being enough and that's perfectly fine. 4th isn't anything to shy away from when people are predicting them in 6th or 7th. We still have time, and I'm sure the design team has some tricks up their sleeves considering how cohesive this show already is and how well they are working together this year. 

In short, get your hand away from the panic button and enjoy the ride for now. We will let you know when you can hit it.

I agree.   .8 spread is nothing to overcome when diffused among 8 judged captions...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I've been a Crown fan since 2009, and while they have done most of their layering between San Antonio and Atlanta, they do have a different design team now. Not panicking, but I just don't want them to be so far behind after San Antonio. It is possible to overcome a deficit over a point as I hope they can catch SCV, but I would just like to see a big push sooner is what I guess I am trying to say. I guess I saw that spread from last night, and thought that this show is too good to be behind that much. I fully trust that the design team can get this together, just want it to happen sooner I suppose. I know we both love this show and this corps, so I definitely do not want to get into an argument about Crown. Just want to see them in that top 3 and hush the haters

1 minute ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I've been a Crown fan since 2009, and while they have done most of their layering between San Antonio and Atlanta, they do have a different design team now. Not panicking, but I just don't want them to be so far behind after San Antonio. It is possible to overcome a deficit over a point as I hope they can catch SCV, but I would just like to see a big push sooner is what I guess I am trying to say. I guess I saw that spread from last night, and thought that this show is too good to be behind that much. I fully trust that the design team can get this together, just want it to happen sooner I suppose. I know we both love this show and this corps, so I definitely do not want to get into an argument about Crown. Just want to see them in that top 3 and hush the haters

Doing it sooner could cause a domino effect and them peak way to early and the reality of 7th place would set it. Give them time, I can't put enough emphasis on it. They turned 2017 around completely. 2018 was a mess. This year is better than both of those, and still have PLENTY of room to grow. 

Just now, Incognito365 said:

Doing it sooner could cause a domino effect and them peak way to early and the reality of 7th place would set it. Give them time, I can't put enough emphasis on it. They turned 2017 around completely. 2018 was a mess. This year is better than both of those, and still have PLENTY of room to grow. 

Does not help that I see SCV not moving enough while Crown is actually marching all over the field and people still try to defend SCV for "marching"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

...but us "dinosaurs" (I'm only 28, but according to Reddit that makes me a dinosaur in DCI years)...

Pretty sure you're only a dinosaur in DCI years if you act like a complete fool, denouncing everything you see and hear, and generally ####### all over everything on this site and Facebook.

Otherwise, you're just a past member.

I marched in the late 90s and I've had many people tell me "no way you're a dinosaur," yet I've seen posts from people who marched in 2010/2011ish who certainly qualify as such.

Just now, Lead said:

Pretty sure you're only a dinosaur in DCI years if you act like a complete fool, denouncing everything you see and hear, and generally ####### all over everything on this site and Facebook.

Otherwise, you're just a past member.

I marched in the late 90s and I've had many people tell me "no way you're a dinosaur," yet I've seen posts from people who marched in 2010/2011ish who certainly qualify as such.

Unfortunately I never got to march, but since I started following almost 2 decades ago, I'm considered a dinosaur by the youngins. Lol.