Carolina Crown 2019

15 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

But on 7-16  you said:

"Tonight is the night where we begin to see where everyone stands head to head. I am expecting a great run... the rest will take care of itself!"

Sunday, will you be saying "Atlanta is the night we begin ..."?

On 7-16 Crown was 0.4 further back than on the previous meeting with SCV at Memphis.

Always have hope, but Crown needs more than hope.  They need to improve relative to BC BD and/or SCV.  Maybe even pass one.

They were within  a point at the first meeting AND they had a great run! So on that I was correct. The reduction came in a show where there was no competition and no brass judge. And we have the fact they were .05 from 2nd in Music when they were with everyone 2 nights ago. We have three shows in a row to see how things stack up... and I have more than hope... I believe this staff knows what they need to do and they have plans for next week to complete the show... GE will come as the show cleans up. Let’s see where we are on Sat night... so yea... I have much more than hope... they have a great show to refine and a bad a&& drill to go with that musical book. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

For Crown supporters, just about everything we put out here that in any way offers a modicum of support or optimism for what remains of the ‘19 DCI season, is invariably met with push back, skepticism, and on occasion outright hostility.

No walls on DCP, and I embrace posters’ rights to express their thoughts on whatever thread they wish.

Dunno. Been a fan of the activity [DCI] since it’s inception, Crown fan for 10 yrs, and a seasonal denizen of DCP for the better part of that. Not once in that time, have I felt compelled to rag on another corps. Hell, I recall being on both the Tilt and DS Up bandwagons and totally blown away with Felliniesque. My loyalties are with Crown, but I’m mindful of why I was drawn to drum corps in the first place: the insanely talented folks that produce and execute a musical production on a football field that rises to the level of an art form, unique in its own right.

I’m sure this Polly Anna(ish) diatribe will open me up to broadside or 10, so sound General Quarters and standby for incoming.

And, as always, Go Crown!

Some need Crown to drop  (for my corps to move up your corps has to move down).

Some stayed at a Holiday Inn (i've never taught or marched, but I've read DCP so I'm very informed).

Some need their corps to stay above Crown (self-explanatory).

Some want Crown to win every year and want to "fire them all" if they don't.

In short it's just like any other sports activity except our scores are mostly imaginary and not based on any physically measurable criteria.

And I agree,

Go Crown!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, karuna said:

Some need Crown to drop  (for my corps to move up your corps has to move down).

Some stayed at a Holiday Inn (i've never taught or marched, but I've read DCP so I'm very informed).

Some need their corps to stay above Crown (self-explanatory).

Some want Crown to win every year and want to "fire them all" if they don't.

In short it's just like any other sports activity except our scores are mostly imaginary and not based on any physically measurable criteria.

And I agree,

Go Crown!

Best appropriated line of the season...L’dMFAO!!

4 hours ago, BWise said:

I fear “Broadway on Grass” is going to win. Synthetic on every level .. over produced . 

I am with you .. those are the three shows I would watch too. 

Yeah. It’s just so stupid and boring. After not being a fan from 2014-2016, I actually liked the last two seasons, but for me 2019 is THE most boring season I have witnessed, and the first season I witnessed was ‘84. 

IT'S A KATY TEXAS SHOW DAY!!!!

LET'S GO CROWN!!!!!

• Like 4