Carolina Crown 2019

29 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

What happened to Crown's percussion score last night, seemed very low..

21 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

yeah...was wondering about that myself. 

Good question.

Had been trending up, over the last few shows.

Definitely a step or two back from where they’d been earlier in the week.

8 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Read the article on Crown's show on DCI's website that was posted today. One line that stood out for me, "But they don’t plan on having a finished product by San Antonio, or Atlanta"

Really curious to see and hear what they’re gonna pull out of their shako, for the finished product.

While I believe most pundits—more than a few, quite knowledgeable of all things DCI—have for the most part written off Crown as a medal contender this year, perhaps CC has got a trick or three that will catch everyone off guard.

I’m a huge proponent of throwing in a cross to cross [ think Star ‘91] maneuver, to go along with that company front. 

Have to keep reminding myself, however, that drill of that variety belongs to another time and era. Almost 30 years ago at this point.

wow....

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

Really curious to see and hear what they’re gonna pull out of their shako, for the finished product.

While I believe most pundits—more than a few, quite knowledgeable of all things DCI—have for the most part written off Crown as a medal contender this year, perhaps CC has got a trick or three that will catch everyone off guard.

I’m a huge proponent of throwing in a cross to cross [ think Star ‘91] maneuver, to go along with that company front. 

Have to keep reminding myself, however, that drill of that variety belongs to another time and era. Almost 30 years ago at this point.

wow....

Most of Crowns drill belongs to another time and era, but it doesn't mean it can't be used effectively still to this day. Crown has proven that. A Sacktig Crown to Townsend Crown would be pretty epic. 

• Like 3

Hey can someone please tell me what crown's warm-up time is tomorrow?

I'll be at the competition for the first time ever and I can't wait! This will also be my first time in front of a World Class group ever not counting both of the Crossmen Experience camps that I have been to. I'm STOKED.

I'll be a tall kid wearing a bright red Crossmen Xperience camp shirt and a black Nebraska Cornhusker hat if any of you want to come say hi. I'll be at the stadium from just after 11:00 AM all the way until after scores announced soo.... hope to see you there!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Hey can someone please tell me what crown's warm-up time is tomorrow?

I'll be at the competition for the first time ever and I can't wait! This will also be my first time in front of a World Class group ever not counting both of the Crossmen Experience camps that I have been to. I'm STOKED.

I'll be a tall kid wearing a bright red Crossmen Xperience camp shirt and a black Nebraska Cornhusker hat if any of you want to come say hi. I'll be at the stadium from just after 11:00 AM all the way until after scores announced soo.... hope to see you there!

They normally put their schedule on their Facebook page every morning. 

Just now, Dpsouthern81 said:

They normally put their schedule on their Facebook page every morning. 

Other than forums, I don't have social media so that's why I asked here. Thank you though.

Just now, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Other than forums, I don't have social media so that's why I asked here. Thank you though.

Check back in the morning and I’m sure someone will share it here. 

4 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Check back in the morning and I’m sure someone will share it here. 

Okay will do. Thank you!

So after listening more and more to crowns music book this year, the more I really dig it. It flows so much better than years past and has a much more integrated feel but still keeps the inherent value of the source music pretty much intact. I wish Gabriel’s oboe was arranged a little “bigger” but it works. It’s coming together more as the members are achieving it.

While I’m still not “Wild” about the design, (it’s a little safe conceptually and how they implemented visuals, props and ideas) it’s enough to possibly be the show they need it to be.

I think if they can clean the drill they could push for spot two or three. Whoever said the drill is from another era is right, but that doesn’t mean can achieve the hell out of it. I just have a feeling it will take off at some point. But pulling ahead of SCV is no easy task.

Edited by WarriorWay
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, WarriorWay said:

So after listening more and more to crowns music book this year, the more I really dig it. It flows so much better than years past and has a much more integrated feel but still keeps the inherent value of the source music pretty much intact. I wish Gabriel’s oboe was arranged a little “bigger” but it works. It’s coming together more as the members are achieving it.

While I’m still not “Wild” about the design, (it’s a little safe conceptually and how they implemented visuals, props and ideas) it’s enough to possibly be the show they need it to be.

I think if they can clean the drill they could push for spot two or three. Whoever said the drill is for another era is right, but that doesn’t mean can achieve the hell out of it. I just have a feeling it will take off at some point. But pulling ahead of SCV is no easy task.

I'm a big fan of this crown show musically. One of my favorites from them 

• Like 4