Carolina Crown 2019

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Nope. I’m just as full of it as everybody else on this #### channel is.

...as he cracks—or perhaps uncaps—#5.

If you’re the worst influence they’re gonna encounter this summer, I’d have to rank you with Mr. Rogers...

• Haha 2

No idea if this is what they're hearing but after watching the run a few times (on tape delay -- I was out all day and just got in) ,  this is all that occurs to me:

Transparency is not a very good design element.  Intellectually it makes sense.  Visually it just doesn't translate at all to the medium

In fact LACK OF CONTRAST (from the box) is probably the single biggest issue facing the design.  

There are also too many repeated effects in the flag work.  How many times do we need to see sequentials or A/B?  Some of it could stand a rewrite.  

Look at how the GE scores are tracking guard scores right now.  If they're saying "this doesn't work because it's visually washed out",  that's a color palette problem and has little to do with excellence from the performer.

Is the show doomed?  Heck no the performers are BRINGING IT.   

Some new flag work and new guard unis.  It's not too late. 

Edited by karuna
  • Like 6

K, just the ray of optimism and keen critique we need to keep the flame of hope alive.

Keep on shining, brother☀️!

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Or this recap is all over the board...which it is. 

I'll see what Atlanta has to offer.

Well, in fairness when the recaps strictly match the placement of each corps, people complain about slotting. I much prefer judges calling it like they see it. The recaps SHOULD be all over the board because there's honestly very little reason for a corps to have the same Placement in every single caption.

With that said, I'm really hoping crown can hold their ground in 4th. I'd hate to see BAC overtake them

• Like 5

6 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

On 7-16 you said:

"Tonight is the night where we begin to see where everyone stands head to head. I am expecting a great run... the rest will take care of itself!"

On 7-18 you said:

We have three shows in a row to see how things stack up; and
Let’s see where we are on Sat night.

On 7-19 you said:

Thinking Crown and SCV will be battling for third.

On 7-16 Crown was 0.4 further back than on the previous meeting with SCV at Memphis.
On 7/18 Crown was 0.25 further back than on the previous meeting with SVC at Broken Arrow.
On 7/19 Crown was 0.05 further back than on the previous meeting with SVC at Denton.
On 7/20 Crown was 0.123 further back than on the previous meeting with SVC at Katy.

Always have hope, but Crown needs more than hope.

They need to improve relative to BC BD and/or SCV.  Maybe even pass one.

The objective data (which, of course, reflects subjective impressions of each of 7-12 judges) suggests that Crown is getting better SLOWER than SVC is getting better.

I'll take this show over SCV this year ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. AS others said... the recap is a mess. Music was where we need it to be. Now let's see what else they have up their sleeves. I trust this team and THIS corps and THIS SHOW! LET's GO CROWN!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

I'll take this show over SCV this year ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. AS others said... the recap is a mess. Music was where we need it to be. Now let's see what else they have up their sleeves. I trust this team and THIS corps and THIS SHOW! LET's GO CROWN!!!!

I hope they continue to improve.  Good Luck to Crown.

• Like 2

The hornline was on fire last night, like I said last night it was their best run yet for me. Some of the recaps were head scratching but hopefully they will be more consistent as we ge closer to Indy. Now we just need the team to make improvements in the show to raise the GE & Visual scores which I have less trust in the team then some of you, but maybe they will prove me wrong. Anyway, this show is much better than the last two years and they have a legit shot to bring home the OTT trophy. I'll see you in Allentown, GO CROWN....

• Like 1