Carolina Crown 2019

8 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah .. I really want them in ATLANTA ...!!! 

It is almost like a home show for Crown.. people will have turnt up for 👑!

I sure hope you get your wish in ATL.

Means it’ll be a lock for me, the night after🏟!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BWise said:

Yeah .. I really want them in ATLANTA ...!!! 

It is almost like a home show for Crown.. people will have turnt up for 👑!

Yes!!! I will be at the Atlanta show as well!!! So ready to see them live and hopefully with changes!!

• Like 4

Is anyone going to the mesquite show practice at Randall middle school? Was thinking of attending and haven’t been to a crown rehearsal before.

I don’t have an inside knowledge of what is being planned, but I know there are plans to add some additional layers to the show, and make a few sweeping changes. My guess, is that the design team has been waiting to implement big changes until they got to Memphis for the second time. 

This is a very solid show but it is missing something. It’s kind of following the same pattern as the other Crown shows in recent years… you see the additional pieces of the package when the the corps gets to Atlanta.

A few things that I would love to see:

1. Change out the props - it was clear to me last night that the props Crown is using look like something that was pulled out of the Goodwill waste bin and add ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to this show at all. There is time to rebuild and execute in a new design that adds to the show... or just get rid of them. Put Crown’s props next to the other corps and they look pathetic and out of place.

2. The plexiglass guard things do absolutely nothing but distract. They’re just walking tics (young people ask the old people what “tics” are). Lose em.

3. The ballad soloist at the end was going an octave higher in the final note in training camp and for whatever reason they ditched it the day before preview. Let the girl sing for heavens sake - hit that beautiful note! 

4. The closer needs screamers at the end. The crowd wants to jump up on their feet before the show is over... but they stopping short of allowing them to do that by not giving them what they want. Michael, Matt, c’mon fellas, feed the crowd!! Take two or three of your top trumpet soloists and let them whale in the last 30 seconds of the show. It was MADE FOR IT!!! Do it!!!!!

Edited by Newseditor44
#### voice to text
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

Y’all know what I meant... LOL

Newsie44, ya back on the Corps beer again? 

Thought that was just a Flow Show ritual for you🍺🍺🍺🍺+?!?

2 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

3. The ballad soloist at the end was going an octave higher in the final note in training camp and for whatever reason they ditched it the day before preview. Let the girl sing for heavens sake - hit that beautiful note! 

Do you recall if she was cash money on that note? 

Perhaps they were concerned with a frack on a passage that has zero margin for error.

Since ‘89, when that BD sop had that epic gack on finals night with If We Were In Love, I hold my breath when any of those kids has the weight of the show on their shoulders at that moment.

Sure many are either music majors or simply crazy talented on their instrument of choice, but they’re still human.