Carolina Crown 2019

11 hours ago, xandandl said:

You are correct absolutely. My Kansas gene was a bit faulty. My apologies. I have corrected my post and noted my error.

No problem.  Sandra was a legend, she taught a group of small town kids to play like professionals.   A natural born teacher.

And thru all the years she taught brass, she refused to accept any salary.   Having a positive influence on young people was payment enough.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

It may be rad but they are sitting in 4th or 5th place across the captions board right now - of course "changes" are allegedly coming: but it's hard to imagine there could be enough to jump to a medal they'd need at least a full point to pass SCV.

Those brass and analysis scores look an awful lot like 1s and 2s, but I guess my dyscalculia is acting up again...

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

Just looked at the current "Music Brass" score and they are 4th - not much to take issue with - it's a fact.

Um... I am going by head to head competition... Remember the last time everyone was together. It was a BIG regional show. And Goes who won brass. They have won brass the vast majority of shows they have been in and have been n. lower than second. THAT is a fact. Comparing scores between shows... oh never mind.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

Just looked at the current "Music Brass" score and they are 4th - not much to take issue with - it's a fact.

Congrats, you're comparing scores cross shows and the last time they competed was two days ago. Yep, they're for sure sitting 4th in brass. You're right, we're all wrong. 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

• Haha 3

On 7/24/2019 at 11:25 AM, palmettomello said:

They usually are, can't wait to see if these additions will push them closer to the top 3. 

4th is as close as one can get to the Top 3!  The changes will improve the show, no doubt.  SCV's design seems vulnerable this season.  

7 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

At this point in the season--absent a turnaround, the likes of which have never been witnessed in the history of DCI--many would say Crown is out of the medals in '19. Coming on the heels of '18, that's a bitter pill for the fanaddicts of a corps that's been a strong contender for much of this decade.

But to count CrownBRASS out, when it's actually contributed most to keeping them relevant this year, is blasphemy.

They may very well tank between now and Indy, but that, too, would be an epic turnaround.

• Like 1