Carolina Crown 2019

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

At this point in the season--absent a turnaround, the likes of which have never been witnessed in the history of DCI--many would say Crown is out of the medals in '19. Coming on the heels of '18, that's a bitter pill for the fanaddicts of a corps that's been a strong contender for much of this decade.

But to count CrownBRASS out, when it's actually contributed most to keeping them relevant this year, is blasphemy.

They may very well tank between now and Indy, but that, too, would be an epic turnaround.

Crown is almost definitely Top 2 in brass finals week.  If they take the Ott, that spread can push the total upward.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

At this point in the season--absent a turnaround, the likes of which have never been witnessed in the history of DCI--many would say Crown is out of the medals in '19. Coming on the heels of '18, that's a bitter pill for the fanaddicts of a corps that's been a strong contender for much of this decade.

But to count CrownBRASS out, when it's actually contributed most to keeping them relevant this year, is blasphemy.

They may very well tank between now and Indy, but that, too, would be an epic turnaround.

Emphasis added because I'm responding to that part: what are you even talking about? That sort of turnaround happens all the time.

Phantom '08 was fourth in Atlanta and did better than just medal.

Bluecoats '15 went fourth to third on Finals night (albeit in a season where places up top were swapping practically every night).

Phantom and Cadets swapped third between them from San Antonio to the end of the season in 2012.

And that's just within the last fifteen years.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Congrats, you're comparing scores cross shows and the last time they competed was two days ago. Yep, they're for sure sitting 4th in brass. You're right, we're all wrong. 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

Never said I was right - I simply stated the factual weighted/average score for Music Brass (where they are currently ranked 4th.)
Never said anyone was wrong either - and that's a fact too.
I'm a Crown fan from way back and hope for the best - another fact.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Emphasis added because I'm responding to that part: what are you even talking about? That sort of turnaround happens all the time.

Bluecoats '15 went fourth to third on Finals night (albeit in a season where places up top were swapping practically every night).

Phantom and Cadets swapped third between them from San Antonio to the end of the season in 2012.

So you're sayin', there's a chance 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

I’ll concede to a bit of hyperbole, with respect to the use of a term such as “the likes of which have never been seen in DCI history.” And I appreciate your taking the time to point out the inaccuracy of my assertion. Well done.

The supposition of my statement had less to do with ordinals and more with the actual spreads we have witnessed this season. While I count myself among the most ardent Crown honks, my concern is that regardless of what the design team can pull out of their collective hat down the home stretch, green shirts just aren’t going aren’t going to reward it. 

Do I hope otherwise? God yes.

But again, thanks for keeping me honest with the facts🥇

Edited by nsxanax
word omission

6 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

Never said I was right - I simply stated the factual weighted/average score for Music Brass (where they are currently ranked 4th.)
Never said anyone was wrong either - and that's a fact too.
I'm a Crown fan from way back and hope for the best - another fact.

OkAaAaAaAaAy.

Can anyone tell me where Crown posts their pictures of the whiteboard with rehearsal schedule? I've looked on their Facebook page, Twitter account, and Instagram. I'd like to look at some previous schedule days to get an idea about tomorrow's schedule at Kell High School, in addition to knowing where to look when/if they post their schedule tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Duh! It's on their Facebook page, but I was scanning quickly for pictures of whiteboards, not these fancy pictures 😃

67668311_10157350958037641_4776851365206

Edited by lanceengland
Answered my own question

Y’all all gettin worked up. CC is gonna be fine. Probably not a medal but they will not end 4th in brass. And the word is a lot of work has been done in Memphis this week. (Changes?) i still feel like it’s a so so year in general  .. none of the top shows ring my chimes  

1: BC = cheesecake 

2: BD = Boring

3: SCV = Babylon 2 .. and not near as good 

CROWN .. finding their way ... I like the show but needs more visual interest  

Can’t wait for the live show tmrw in Atl!!

2 hours ago, BWise said:

Y’all all gettin worked up. CC is gonna be fine. Probably not a medal but they will not end 4th in brass. And the word is a lot of work has been done in Memphis this week. (Changes?) i still feel like it’s a so so year in general  .. none of the top shows ring my chimes  

1: BC = cheesecake 

2: BD = Boring

3: SCV = Babylon 2 .. and not near as good 

CROWN .. finding their way ... I like the show but needs more visual interest  

Can’t wait for the live show tmrw in Atl!!

Hopefully all the hard work they have done this week keeps them ahead of BAC this weekend.

• Like 3