Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, palmettomello said:

Are the plexiglass storm doors still being used by the guard?

Whew, the way this just tickled me!!!!!! LMAOOOOO 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Crown. 5th place in 2019. The cheesecake. Boring, Babylon 2 and BAC will be in front. Sorry 😐 

You might be right but I think the Music caption will keep Crown ahead of BAC. BAC percussion is their weak link and if they don't improve then they will be 5th place

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilme861 said:

So went to ensemble with a couple other friends (all marched other corps) and I know I’m biased as an alum but this staff is just phenomenal. Most changes (not all though) are with the guard. Ballad has new work and staging and for those that wanted a big guard moment...the new ending is it! You don’t get much more in your face than that.

All 3 of us agreed that all the changes we noticed were definitely for the better. The kids had a great ensemble and seemed pumped to perform!

I don’t care about the placements, just have a great run tonight guys!

I'm going to be a little critical here. I don't have a lot of trust in the visual and design staff like some of you have. It's year 3 and I've really haven't seen anything that gives me confidence that they will make the proper changes to improve the  GE & Visual caption scores so they don't fall lower than 4th place, maybe some of you don't care about placement but I do. I'm happy to hear that the ballad has new work and staging, but let's see how they do tonight with the new changes. I think tonight will tell us a lot of where they will be in Indy.

15 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I'm going to be a little critical here. I don't have a lot of trust in the visual and design staff like some of you have. It's year 3 and I've really haven't seen anything that gives me confidence that they will make the proper changes to improve the  GE & Visual caption scores so they don't fall lower than 4th place, maybe some of you don't care about placement but I do. I'm happy to hear that the ballad has new work and staging, but let's see how they do tonight with the new changes. I think tonight will tell us a lot of where they will be in Indy.

Several of the Crown Faithful have been saying versions of the highlighted phrase for about two weeks now... See what happens in Broken Arrow, see what happens next weekend, see what happens in San Antonio, etc.   And we keep seeing that Crown is continually moving (certainly slightly) behind SVC.  The were closer at their first encounter.

I'm sure that the Crown visual and design staff are helping the corps to improve and it will be evident tonight (and at Atlanta).  But that is not the question.  Will they narrow their deficit to SVC and the other two at the top of the heap.  Know that those 3 are also improving their show, and the last couple of weeks indicate that they are doing it faster than Crown is.  

Also, there is another corp (from Boston) who is also sneaking up on Crown.  Will they catch them?  (I don't think so, but could be proven wrong.) Crown (and its supporters) should be looking behind as well as in front.  You cannot just look at your favorite corps, or the one you looked at in rehearsal today.  I have also not focused on the Cavaliers who are making giant steps.

7 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Several of the Crown Faithful have been saying versions of the highlighted phrase for about two weeks now... See what happens in Broken Arrow, see what happens next weekend, see what happens in San Antonio, etc.   And we keep seeing that Crown is continually moving (certainly slightly) behind SVC.  The were closer at their first encounter.

I'm sure that the Crown visual and design staff are helping the corps to improve and it will be evident tonight (and at Atlanta).  But that is not the question.  Will they narrow their deficit to SVC and the other two at the top of the heap.  Know that those 3 are also improving their show, and the last couple of weeks indicate that they are doing it faster than Crown is.  

Also, there is another corp (from Boston) who is also sneaking up on Crown.  Will they catch them?  (I don't think so, but could be proven wrong.) Crown (and its supporters) should be looking behind as well as in front.  You cannot just look at your favorite corps, or the one you looked at in rehearsal today.  I have also not focused on the Cavaliers who are making giant steps.

Ok, not really sure why you quoted me and I did not see them in rehearsal today, maybe you meant to quote willme861

4 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Ok, not really sure why you quoted me and I did not see them in rehearsal today, maybe you meant to quote willme861

I was jumping off the highlighted point ... and that you were responding to some one who was talking about watching a rehearsal and coming to a conclusion.  

4 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

I was jumping off the highlighted point ... and that you were responding to some one who was talking about watching a rehearsal and coming to a conclusion.  

gotcha, but I was responded to the comment about the staff more than anything else

1 minute ago, ndrudy2013 said:

gotcha, but I was responded to the comment about the staff more than anything else

And a good staff they have.  They will help Crown improve.  I hope Crown improves.

2 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I hope you are right

Crown + 0.575

SCV     + 1.325

Crown, BAC, Cavies are within a half of a point... Should be exciting here out.