Carolina Crown 2019

34 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, I think they have some pretty good musical GE moments, they just don't have the visual to back it up most of the time.

Sigh... Haha I feel the same, but with visual.

It's fine, I hesitate to comment.

I just like drill and other visual aspects of the show more than the music. The ballad is beautiful, but I don't think it generates as much GE as some other choice would.

I care for the Bulgarian music less than the ballad, but I feel that the bookend pieces generate GE more than the ballad.

Needless to say, more GE needs to be generated throughout the show.

Just my opinion. I love the performance level, and like the show ok. I wish the corps well!

• Like 1

I've seen videos from their two recent shows...there's always  huge gasps and cringe's when they through their horns into the air after the ballad, then a nervous chuckle after it's done...what do judges think of that kind of a move....does it help the show? It makes me cringe for sure when that happens. 

2 hours ago, SimonSays said:

I've seen videos from their two recent shows...there's always  huge gasps and cringe's when they through their horns into the air after the ballad, then a nervous chuckle after it's done...what do judges think of that kind of a move....does it help the show? It makes me cringe for sure when that happens. 

That happened last night, too.  Big gasp from The Wife. 

Unbelievable, my internet connection went out just after crown'# opening notes.  Tried to switch to cellular data but was in a low coverage area, got the feed restored after the show was over.  I’m sick about it, missed their whole performance!  I’ll be at NightBEAT tonight, if it rains before they perform I’ll know I’m cursed.   

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Unbelievable, my internet connection went out just after crown'# opening notes.  Tried to switch to cellular data but was in a low coverage area, got the feed restored after the show was over.  I’m sick about it, missed their whole performance!  I’ll be at NightBEAT tonight, if it rains before they perform I’ll know I’m cursed.   

The weather’s here, wish you were great!

All kidding aside, we got into Winston-Salem last night, and the humidity is very tolerable and skies are clear this a.m. 

We look to have exceptional conditions for NightBEAT 32!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

The weather’s here, wish you were great!

All kidding aside, we got into Winston-Salem last night, and the humidity is very tolerable and skies are clear this a.m. 

We look to have exceptional conditions for NightBEAT 32!

Enjoy the show!

• Thanks 1

Thoughts on last night - man there is a lot of visual dirt on the field. You have to wonder if they can clean that up if it will impact the GE scores. Musically this corps is in good shape, but the visual demand coupled with the holes they’re marching are making it difficult to see the picture clearly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

Thoughts on last night - man there is a lot of visual dirt on the field. You have to wonder if they can clean that up if it will impact the GE scores. Musically this corps is in good shape, but the visual demand coupled with the holes they’re marching are making it difficult to see the picture clearly. 

What is up with the holes? 

• Like 1