Carolina Crown 2019

IT'S A HOME SHOW DAY!!!

LET'S GO CROWN!!!

• Like 3

Nightbeat is Crown's Show? Correct - "The Commandant's Own," The United States Marine Drum & Bugle Corps - MIA?

The Marines have been a DCI sponsor and directly sponsor SCV and Crown, Does anyone know why we have not seen them in a show stream or a FLO ad?

Where is I365 with the show day Crown set gif?  I need it 

Edited by BWise
  • Haha 1

Uber CrownHONK on scene.

Crush it for the home crowd, Crown!!!!

qyDF7X.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

Crush it for the home crowd, Crown!!!!

Get it Crown!! 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, BWise said:

Where is I365 with the show day Crown set gif?  I need it 

I will post it right before they perform, per the usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

OK after watching this run on high...

They need to rewrite all of Rick's flag work.   He's writing to counterpoint and more subtle musical lines.  That is fine (and even better) in indoor where the stage is small.  When you're writing for outdoor,  you need to be bloody obvious at the impact moments because the stage is HUGE.   Watch the flags at every musical impact completion.  They are DONE before it hits and the work leading up to it is NOT following the melodic  line.  THIS is killing effect -- not the design (because although it's really intellectual, I read on the interwebs that judges are actually GETTING IT ).  But the disconnect between the color on the field (flags) and the musical impact is just murdering visual effect.   UGH.  

So

1. Put some contrast in the guard uniform

2. Rewrite all the flag impacts.  If Rick wrote them, let Chris rewrite them all. 

GE will soar.  

Trust me 🙂

Edited by karuna
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, karuna said:

OK after watching this run on high...

They need to rewrite all of Rick's flag work.   He's writing to counterpoint and more subtle musical lines.  That is fine (and even better) in indoor where the stage is small.  When you're writing for outdoor,  you need to be bloody obvious at the impact moments because the stage is HUGE.   Watch the flags at every musical impact completion.  They are DONE before it hits and the work leading up to it is NOT following the melodic  line.  THIS is killing effect -- not the design (because although it's really intellectual, I read on the interwebs that judges are actually GETTING IT ).  But the disconnect between the color on the field (flags) and the musical impact is just murdering visual effect.   UGH.  

So

1. Put some contrast in the guard uniform

2. Rewrite all the flag impacts.  If Rick wrote them, let Chris rewrite them all. 

GE will soar.  

Trust me 🙂

I very well could be wrong, but I doubt Rick has done much if any of the guard work. He’s in charge of the overall design of the show and leads the design team in his vision of the show. I think it’s more Erin, Chris and the other choreographers coming up with the actual work. Doesn’t mean Rick doesn’t have input, the whole staff does but I just don’t think he’s that hands on with the guard.

9 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

I very well could be wrong, but I doubt Rick has done much if any of the guard work. He’s in charge of the overall design of the show and leads the design team in his vision of the show. I think it’s more Erin, Chris and the other choreographers coming up with the actual work. Doesn’t mean Rick doesn’t have input, the whole staff does but I just don’t think he’s that hands on with the guard.

It looks like Ricks work.