Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, wilme861 said:

Well just looking at the scores from Atlanta and Nightbeat, the last 2 shows where the top 6 all competed together, and GE and Visual was VERY tight between Crown, Cavaliers and Boston. The only exception was Guard, which Boston obviously has the big advantage on. Otherwise, all 3 corps were within 0.5 pts of each other so hard to say any of these corps are being blown out in those.

One other point, I find it funny that people say the staff has failed the kids and "if it weren't for the kids, they would be much lower" all the time. I'm just going to use Brass as the example since they interact the most with the rest of the corps. The design staff comes up with a theme and music choices and then the arranger then takes those music choices and creates the book for the brass that is both challenging and offers enough of a variety of skills and techniques as possible for the kids to master and show off what they can do. The brass staff then has to get the kids to actually master the book while at the same time fulfill their visual responsibilities that the visual staff requires of them. Of course, you have to have the kids with the talent and drive to master all of this as well. Without ANY of these people, you won't have an Ott contending horn line. People seem to forget that a good amount of the scores actually can be attributed to the books and design made by the staff. Give this horn line a mediocre book, it doesn't matter how talented they are, they aren't winning the Ott.

No doubt. 

But, the fact is, whatever this show theme is is not in any way shape or form apparent when you watch the show. They could call it Ten and it wouldn’t be any less relevant.

• Like 1

Since none of the DCP design experts have actually  heard the tapes Crown is getting,  its all a bunch of silly guesses based on recap “analysis”.  In fact many commenters never even see the show live.   So I take it all with a grain of sea salt. 

Go Crown!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Itzzzzzzz.......Show Day!!!

Go Crown👑

• Like 4

3 hours ago, karuna said:

Since none of the DCP design experts have actually  heard the tapes Crown is getting,  its all a bunch of silly guesses based on recap “analysis”.  In fact many commenters never even see the show live.   So I take it all with a grain of sea salt. 

Go Crown!

I am looking forward to seeing them live tonight, it’s a whole different experience seeing the corps live last night so I’ll give you my “expert” opinion of Crown after seeing them live, I expect them to be very good tonight. Also, where is Incognito?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I am looking forward to seeing them live tonight, it’s a whole different experience seeing the corps live last night so I’ll give you my “expert” opinion of Crown after seeing them live, I expect them to be very good tonight. Also, where is Incognito?

Good question.

He’s been a reliable, CrownUSUSALSUPECT In ‘19, and his absence has been deafening. 

His humor and enthusiastic support have become an integral part of the commentary this season.

Some might find him a bit extreme, but he does not suffer fools, especially for posters that seem to derive some perverse pleasure in focusing on CC’s shortcomings this year.

Edited by nsxanax
Syntax
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

Last regional before Indy, hoping Crown has something new up their sleeves for tonight!

I followed the A-town thread fairly closely last night/early a.m., and while SCV might have left a crack in the door for 3rd, the consensus is that Cavies are the favorite to capitalize.

They did look good darn good at NightBEAT and have been surging of late.

Going to be an interesting evening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Crown is usually well-prepared for JB Crum.   Looking forward to your analysis 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

Good question.

He’s been a reliable, CrownUSUSALSUPECT In ‘19, and his absence has been deafening. 

His humor and enthusiastic support have become an integral part of the commentary this season.

Some might find him a bit extreme, but he does not suffer fools, especially for posters that seem to derive some perverse pleasure in focusing on CC’s shortcomings this year.

I'm still here guys, no worries. Just been working band camp, and had a rehearsal dinner last night, wedding today, and a baby shower for 4 people tomorrow that I've been helping plan. You could say I've been a little busy. Lol. I'm going to try to at least tune in tonight for Crowns performance.

As I've been saying, SCV is in Crowns reach, and I think the score that SCV posted last night shows that. We shall see tonight, but Crown could find themselves in 3rd again and it's pretty exciting! Good to see things I've said all season possibly become fruitful! Maybe I'm not just some idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

I followed the A-town thread fairly closely last night/early a.m., and while SCV might have left a crack in the door for 3rd, the consensus is that Cavies are the favorite to capitalize.

They did look good darn good at NightBEAT and have been surging of late.

Going to be an interesting evening.

Seems to me that the general consensus the last couple of years is that people don't want Crown to place higher than 6th because they've moved on, that Crown is no longer the darling it was in the early 2010s. Thats fine, move on, but when they pull off a win again I don't want to see you crawling your way back by saying "I've always loved them, I knew they could do it again"...please, you probably had them 6th from 2017 to 2019. 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2