Carolina Crown 2019

3 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

That qualifies you as a certified Iron Butt.

In some motorcycle circles, that’s like a real thing. Generally +/-1k miles in a day.

By comparison, your feat kinda crushes that🏟

BTW, was last @ GN’s in 2001, back in the RCA Dome era. Good chance I’ll make my first return this November.

My actuarial clock isn’t likely to allow another 18 year hiatus☹️

I marched in 2003 at the old RCA dome. Place scared me. I was always waiting for the balloon to pop. Lmao. The Oil Can was a whole different ballgame in 2015. I'm hoping to return within the next few years. Last year would've been one hell of a year to go. So many good shows!

Also, I grew up on the back of a motorcycle, so maybe that helped. Lol. We would travel all over Kentucky in a day. Can't count how many trips we made around the state every summer. Lol.

• Like 2

Let’s get another great run in Buffalo .. show them how it’s done again Crown. !!!  I expect some score recoil but .. think the momentum is there!!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BWise said:

Let’s get another great run in Buffalo .. show them how it’s done again Crown. !!!  I expect some score recoil but .. think the momentum is there!!!

This.

Unfortunately, by nature I’m a pessimist and tend to expect the worst. So it goes w/o saying that part of your post rather screamed at me.

If—and I emphasize, IF—last night was Crown’s last, great run of ‘19, then it came at the perfect moment.

But the non-lizard part of my brain knows that anything Crown does, or any other corps on the field for that matter, has absolutely no correlation to what’s buzzing around in my suspect, cerebral cortex. 

The staff & MM’s have taken a show that has been under fire from pretty much the get-go, and through sheer force of will have managed to sell it.

There have been times that it felt very much like an ‘18 redux season: a show that was always just a tweak or small adjustment away from breaking out in a big way, to both non-Crownies & adjudicators. That, unfortunately, never happened.

And while their final placement might eventually mirror ‘18, I believe this year’s production will be long remembered fondly in CrownLAND. Although this type of drill might have fallen out of favor for the moment, CC has shown that it is by no means dead. 

And, as always,  Go CROWN!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

This.

Unfortunately, by nature I’m a pessimist and tend to expect the worst. So it goes w/o saying that part of your post rather screamed at me.

If—and I emphasize, IF—last night was Crown’s last, great run of ‘19, then it came at the perfect moment.

But the non-lizard part of my brain knows that anything Crown does, or any other corps on the field for that matter, has absolutely no correlation to what’s buzzing around in my suspect, cerebral cortex. 

The staff & MM’s have taken a show that has been under fire from pretty much the get-go, and through sheer force of will have managed to sell it.

There have been times that it felt very much like an ‘18 redux season: a show that was always just a tweak or small adjustment away from breaking out in a big way, to both non-Crownies & adjudicators. That, unfortunately, never happened.

And while their final placement might eventually mirror ‘18, I believe this year’s production will be long remembered fondly in CrownLAND. Although this type of drill might have fallen out of favor for the moment, CC has shown that it is by no means dead. 

This show design is leaps and bounds better than last year to me!

They're going to be great!

Go Crown!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

THIS....  is not over by a long shot.

That run last night just convinces me more that the new Crown team will get there and there is still a place for good marching and playing at the same time .... without relying on creating a totally synthetic backdrop (literally)that a little playing and marching is placed in front of (figuratively) .. 

To all the corps good luck .. I like some shows more than others but .. we shall see. If it ain’t Crown go Devils !! 

• Like 4

Holy $&!t. 

This things gettin’ real, in a hurry.

Relentless, It Is this Beast of a show.

And to think, it was just always Beneath the Surface.

Never saw it coming...

• Like 8

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

Holy $&!t. 

This things gettin’ real, in a hurry.

Relentless, It Is this Beast of a show.

And to think, it was just always Beneath the Surface.

Never saw it coming...

Well played!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1