Carolina Crown 2019

Just now, ccklinefelter said:

WTF happened between Atlanta and Buffalo? Whatever they put in the food there, it's working serious wonders. I love to see people as excited, it not more, than I am about Crown making big moves. Absolutely phenomenal!

I don’t know this for fact, but I believe the idea all along has been if we can clean the visual, the demand for this show (movement wise) is beyond what the other corps are doing. But in order for it to work, the visual has to be locked in solid. They’re finally getting the visual locked in.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, karuna said:

I said at ST that this is just a great drumcorps show where you really don't care if the concept is abstract.  It's wonderful to see that being rewarded.  Maybe they've derailed the "I must now spend megabucks on props I really don't want to buy and can't resell" train.  

March well, play well, spin well still generates wonderful drumcorps effect!  

Indeed you did... I will admit it was getting tough when they were not rewarded for what they were doing. Glad the cleaning and performance has improved at the pace it has. Glad they are now in the conversation!

• Like 2

It used to be when you mentioned Crown and a top caption, everyone assumed brass. Now, folks will start asking brass or percussion?

Great job EVERYONE!

• Like 5

Just now, MusicManNJ said:

Indeed you did... I will admit it was getting tough when they were not rewarded for what they were doing. Glad the cleaning and performance has improved at the pace it has. Glad they are now in the conversation!

My faith was being sorely tested as well.  I mean judges can do what they like -- sheets be ######.  If they are demanding flutter-to-a-giant-playground-prop to compete,  you have to play the game.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

It used to be when you mentioned Crown and a top caption, everyone assumed brass. Now, folks will start asking brass or percussion?

Great job EVERYONE!

CrownPERCUSSION!?

Yeah, we’re good with that👍

• Like 4

Just now, ccklinefelter said:

Sadly I still think the cake in percussion will go to SCV, but I still remain hopeful!

We may not be in the running for the Sanford just yet, but did anyone think we'd even be having this discussion after say 2013?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Great job EVERYONE!

IF the right guys are on the panel at finals,  watch out VP and VA.    There are judges who've rewarded Crown in those captions all season.  

• Like 3