Carolina Crown 2019

3 minutes ago, BWise said:

I kinda always liked Phantoms closer to On Air .. but I love a heavy flag finish. Whatever year that was. 

2007. One of my favorite shows by Phantom. Got to see that live as a Junior in high school.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

2007. One of my favorite shows by Phantom. Got to see that live as a Junior in high school.

Umm. I was slightly older when I saw it .. like by a few decades. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BWise said:

Lol. Everyone is older than me on here but maybe a handful. No shame in it. 

7 minutes ago, BWise said:

Gawd, I’m a fossil.

Closer to three decades...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Lol. Everyone is older than me on here but maybe a handful. No shame in it. 

We’re roughly the same age. I was a rising sophomore in college summer of 2007. #TeamMillennial

• Like 2

Just now, crownisking said:

We’re roughly the same age. I was a rising sophomore in college summer of 2007. #TeamMillennial

I don't identify with the rest of the Millennials though. Like, I remember VHS tapes, Commodore 64s, rotary phones, "rabbit ear" antennas, and cell phones the size of bricks. Lol. There is a CLEAR difference between pre 1995 and post 1995. Thank God I'm pre. Lmao.

9 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I don't identify with the rest of the Millennials though. Like, I remember VHS tapes, Commodore 64s, rotary phones, "rabbit ear" antennas, and cell phones the size of bricks. Lol. There is a CLEAR difference between pre 1995 and post 1995. Thank God I'm pre. Lmao.

What happens to the poor people born in 1995

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Well, we got that in common, InCOG.

Entered military immediately after high school, so after 8 years of active duty, I started college as a 27 year old freshman.

And a Commodore 64, 3.5” floppy disk drive & Okidata printer got me through.

Still have ‘89, ‘90, & ‘91 finals I recorded from PBS’s broadcasts.

Couldn’t afford a Motorola DynaTAK 8000x though😟

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nsxanax said:

What a difference a week makes. 

Hope has returned and Crown’s resurgence of late has raised expectations exponentially. Even the staunchest critics are likely to concede that CC’s in play, with the DCI world now focused on Indy.

As we wait impatiently for Thursday, thoughts tend to wander, if for no other reason than to ward off the obsession that can overtake hard core fans on finals week. In a bit of whimsy, I thought back to some of the epic finishes. There are many I’m sure, but [with a nod to showing my age], SCV ‘89 and Star ‘91 are, even after 3 decades, held in high regard.

So the question, for all you arm chair, show designers and GE gurus: if you could call an Aaron Rogers(esque) audible, for a Hail Mary maneuver/GE tweek/you name it, for Crown to implement on Saturday night, what would it be?

Brighter flags in the opener! There’s great flag work going on during the crazy drill move where the center guy doesn’t move, but you can’t see it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2