Carolina Crown 2019

29 minutes ago, ccklinefelter said:

I’m not haha, I’m still in college, only really started getting big into DCI during 2017 (rising sophomore as well)

I'm still in college too. 

4 hours ago, nsxanax said:

What a difference a week makes. 

Hope has returned and Crown’s resurgence of late has raised expectations exponentially. Even the staunchest critics are likely to concede that CC’s in play, with the DCI world now focused on Indy.

As we wait impatiently for Thursday, thoughts tend to wander, if for no other reason than to ward off the obsession that can overtake hard core fans on finals week. In a bit of whimsy, I thought back to some of the epic finishes. There are many I’m sure, but [with a nod to showing my age], SCV ‘89 and Star ‘91 are, even after 3 decades, held in high regard.

So the question, for all you arm chair, show designers and GE gurus: if you could call an Aaron Rogers(esque) audible, for a Hail Mary maneuver/GE tweek/you name it, for Crown to implement on Saturday night, what would it be?

I've been thinking all summer that in a show called Beneath the Surface that the designers, by the way the ballad is staged, were planning to have a big semi-transparent scrim hidden under the stage pulled over the entire horn line at the big hit - kind of a call back to Inferno (maybe too much?).  Wouldn't need to change much to put something like that in. Something like that might help pull the theme together GE wise especially since the plexiglass props didn't quite work as hoped. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nsxanax said:

What a difference a week makes. 

Hope has returned and Crown’s resurgence of late has raised expectations exponentially. Even the staunchest critics are likely to concede that CC’s in play, with the DCI world now focused on Indy.

As we wait impatiently for Thursday, thoughts tend to wander, if for no other reason than to ward off the obsession that can overtake hard core fans on finals week. In a bit of whimsy, I thought back to some of the epic finishes. There are many I’m sure, but [with a nod to showing my age], SCV ‘89 and Star ‘91 are, even after 3 decades, held in high regard.

So the question, for all you arm chair, show designers and GE gurus: if you could call an Aaron Rogers(esque) audible, for a Hail Mary maneuver/GE tweek/you name it, for Crown to implement on Saturday night, what would it be?

I really wouldn’t want Crown at this point to really put in any Hail Marys... I have been very entertained by their show this whole summer, if I want a hornline I know where to look. They have made such great strides against a mad tide this summer. I say mad tide lightly, because this show doesn’t resonate with a lot of people visually, and that’s fine. It’ll remind me of an underrated 2014 Crown. My only “Hail Mary” for Crown really is to just push beyond the boundary of excellence, eyes on the prize (whatever that may be with ft  mill), and to seriously have a good time. Who knows what’ll happen, but Crown DOES know how to finish strong. Therefore, I am happy 🙂 

Edited by johnpendell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, johnpendell said:

Who knows what’ll happen, but Crown DOES know how to finish strong. Therefore, I am happy 🙂 

They do... and this is a special group of members who have worked hard and had fun doing it. I expect them to tear the house down!

• Like 3

Officially en route !!!  👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

🤡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

They're going to win. TRUST. 

I really hope so. I’m confident that as we speak, they are running set by set until it is PERFECT, and working with the guard to make them the best they can be. And if all else fails, at least Crown will win music, and in our hearts 💟

• Like 5