Carolina Crown 2019

10 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Congratulations. Here's you a cookie.

InCOG, you couldn’t know I’m diabetic. But that’s plain mean😞

• Like 1

InCOG has been my wingman this whole season. His enthusiasm and positivity for Crown has been indefatigable, and much appreciated when spirits were low on this thread

Karuna deserves a post of his own, but I digress...

The point of this post, is to support InCOG in his observation regarding Crown’s style of drill, and the future of same in top tier, World Class.

I’m not here to bash Broadway on Grass productions—yes I appropriated that, but it really is an apt description—because there have been more than a few that knocked me out. As much as I loved Relentless in ‘16, I was thrilled when Blooo got the gold that year.

But if BOG is the direction the activity is going to continue to go, then for those of us that appreciate—for lack of a better term, “traditional” drum corps—then it does give one pause. 

Evolve or die. Totally get it. Maybe going to take some of us a little more time to make the adjustment.

And to have to watch Crown adapt to that change would represent a paradigm shift that would break some of our hearts...

Edited by nsxanax
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

InCOG, you couldn’t know I’m diabetic. But that’s plain mean😞

It's sugar free. Lmao.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

You were arguing with me... right?  maybe when you quoted me and then said the problem was with the designers, I should have ignored your response.  Peace.  Maybe "gripe" was the wrong word.  I though you were head or heels about the Crown show.  To the point that you criticize those who don't think Crown will score as high as you do.  The top six shows this year are FABULOUS.  And Crown is in that mix.  I hope they and all other shows maximize their show and present a grand show the next three days.

Yeah, you took everything and ran with it. Not what I meant at all. Oh well, page two over.

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Who said my "gripe" is with you? Shew, you're taking things too personally around here. Stop typing before you think. It would save all of us some time.

Dude, you go on a rant about people disrespecting Crown in here like every week. Glass houses and such

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BWise said:

Officially en route !!!  👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

🤡

I leave for the airport in about four hours.  So excited, even that crazy hour to get up for 530am flight does not bother me....much.

Does anyone have details on rehearsal at Avon tomorrow?  I have not been able to find anything online.  Trying to plan my afternoon, and cannot recall what time ensemble is.

Go Crown and Finish Strong.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Dude, you go on a rant about people disrespecting Crown in here like every week. Glass houses and such

And you always pop up in this thread to snark off on someone, so whats your point?

22 hours ago, johnpendell said:

I really wouldn’t want Crown at this point to really put in any Hail Marys... I have been very entertained by their show this whole summer, if I want a hornline I know where to look. They have made such great strides against a mad tide this summer. I say mad tide lightly, because this show doesn’t resonate with a lot of people visually, and that’s fine. It’ll remind me of an underrated 2014 Crown. My only “Hail Mary” for Crown really is to just push beyond the boundary of excellence, eyes on the prize (whatever that may be with ft  mill), and to seriously have a good time. Who knows what’ll happen, but Crown DOES know how to finish strong. Therefore, I am happy 🙂 

I agree, I am not sure I want to add anything major at this stage.  Time to own what we got, and maximize it, and that seems to be what the members are doing.  The show is very enjoyable to me, and the members are selling it. I think that is what I like the most.

But who knows, they did add something for LOS only two years ago.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

And you always pop up in this thread to snark off on someone, so whats your point?

My point: don't dish if you can't take it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nsxanax said:

InCOG has been my wingman this whole season. His enthusiasm and positivity for Crown has been indefatigable, and much appreciated when spirits were low on this thread

Karuna deserves a post of his own, but I digress...

The point of this post, is to support InCOG in his observation regarding Crown’s style of drill, and the future of same in top tier, World Class.

I’m not here to bash Broadway on Grass productions—yes I appropriated that, but it really is an apt description—because there have been more than a few that knocked me out. As much as I loved Relentless in ‘16, I was thrilled when Blooo got the gold that year.

But if BOG is the direction the activity is going to continue to go, then for those of us that appreciate—for lack of a better term, “traditional” drum corps—then it does give one pause. 

Evolve or die. Totally get it. Maybe going to take some of us a little more time to make the adjustment.

And to have to watch Crown adapt to that change would represent a paradigm shift that would break some of our hearts...

Could not agree more with this, both in sentiment, and temperament.  I know change is inevitable, and I can enjoy well done BOG shows, but I am reaching that age now where I have to work hard to embrace the change.  Alas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1