Carolina Crown 2019

3 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Ok, so how come the GE 2 judge, with a musical background rates them so low, both night, as compared to GE1 if they are looking at the same thing.  

7th place both nights for GE2?   

Maybe I'm reading the recaps wrong, but at semis the 2 GE2 judges each had Crown 4th.  At prelims one had them 3rd and one had them 4th.

The 2nd GE1 judge (each night) had the REP half at 7th.  

Check it out.   Am I reading this wrong?

4 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Maybe I'm reading the recaps wrong, but at semis the 2 GE2 judges each had Crown 4th.  At prelims one had them 3rd and one had them 4th.

The 2nd GE1 judge (each night) had the REP half at 7th.  

Check it out.   Am I reading this wrong?

Prelims GE1 had them 3 3 3rd 

GE2 had them 7 5 6th 

semis  GE1    5 4. 4th

GE2.  7 4. 5th

So my point, if they judge the same thing, how can the guy with a music background consistently rate them so much lower than GE1 judge.   The difference especially stark on prelim night.  

Its just all so subjective.  It seems the show designers are being judged more than how the members perform.  Wish it could be tilted the other way just a bit.  

8 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Prelims GE1 had them 3 3 3rd 

GE2 had them 7 5 6th 

semis  GE1    5 4. 4th

GE2.  7 4. 5th

So my point, if they judge the same thing, how can the guy with a music background consistently rate them so much lower than GE1 judge.   The difference especially stark on prelim night.  

Its just all so subjective.  It seems the show designers are being judged more than how the members perform.  Wish it could be tilted the other way just a bit.  

I think you are looking at the 2nd GE1 judge.  There are 4 GE judges each evening.  The 3rd and 4th ones are the GE2 judges.  Look at the next two judges on the recaps.

49 minutes ago, wigwam said:

BD had more energy and poppy is right,  they don’t choke, I think they will win tomorrow.  

I thought crown would overtake SCV with that performance, but if they end up 4th on finals, it will be the best 4th place show ever.  Love what they are doing this year and the performance level is amazing.  They should be proud at what has been accomplished!  

This is starting to become a “thing.”

I recall on the finals broadcast, back in ‘16, Rondo saying, “It’s the best 3rd place show I’ve ever see.” 

So, along with 2 golds [let’s not forget that DII] and a couple of silver and bronze, we can add the best 3rd and 4th. Neither a bride nor bridesmaid, but still in the wedding party...

Oh, and for the last time of 2019:

It’s a show day....Go Crown!!!

• Like 3

The sun is up and it is a beautiful day in Indy.

Feels like a bronze medal day...

LET’S GO CROWN !!!

jW0qJhT.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

This is starting to become a “thing.”

I recall on the finals broadcast, back in ‘16, Rondo saying, “It’s the best 3rd place show I’ve ever see.” 

So, along with 2 golds [let’s not forget that DII] and a couple of silver and bronze, we can add the best 3rd and 4th. Neither a bride nor bridesmaid, but still in the wedding party...

Oh, and for the last time of 2019:

It’s a show day....Go Crown!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

giphy.gif

Shoulda’ seen that coming.

You, my friend, are King, of the spot-on GIF.

Yes, you sir are Royalty👑👍!

Edited by nsxanax
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, karuna said:

Bought 10 Elmo dolls for “prayer”.  In an unrelated note I am cooking over a fire pit tonight. :ninja: 🔥

It is a NIGHT of ON FIRE.. 🔥 .. speaking of unrelated .. like a dumb### ... I fly straight out of Indy Sunday am to Taipei for work .. stupid stupid stupid.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, karuna said:

Bought 10 Elmo dolls for “prayer”.  In an unrelated note I am cooking over a fire pit tonight. :ninja: 🔥

K, isn’t that how we started the season, with our take-no-prisoners approach, to currying favor with the weather deity’s, for fair skies and following seas for camp?

Good to know you’re still not leaving any metaphysical aspect, of a possible edge, to chance.

We’ll end as we began: no half measures!!!!!!

• Like 1