Carolina Crown 2019

1 minute ago, BWise said:

Yes right .. that is one fart left of center and you lose a medal. 

Or one bia--Nope.  Not going to say it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BWise said:

I mean totally moping. Imagine taking that defeat live and in person. ???  I’ve got to be on an 8 am flight to Taipei. That gives me 22 hours to process. 

No lighthearted quips, then. 

Perhaps InCOGS conspiracy theories aren’t so half baked after all.

”They” just weren’t coming off 3rd for Crown In ‘19.

• Like 1

Crown brethren, I’m taking my leave for the night.

While the season did not end as I would have hoped—not by a d@mn’d sight—it’s been a true pleasure to share words and time with you all.

BWise, have a safe flight, and K, stay erudite and eternally optimistic. 

I’ll poke my head in from time to time, and cross my fingers there’s no cra cra staff changes.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Crown brethren, I’m taking my leave for the night.

While the season did not end as I would have hoped—not by a d@mn’d sight—it’s been a true pleasure to share words and time with you all.

BWise, have a safe flight, and K, stay erudite and eternally optimistic. 

I’ll poke my head in from time to time, and cross my fingers there’s no cra cra staff changes.

Got a feeling you better cross your toes while you’re at it...

• Sad 1

So, I'm disappointed that Crown didn't medal. However, even on Flo, that run was amazing! I could feel their energy pumping through those crappy wires that Flo uses.

I'm still mad that Flo cut off right before they hit the Crown set. Like, they were two steps away from it too. 

• Like 2

Hey folks, really enjoyed Crown this year. Honestly, (and I feel the same way about places 1 and 2 as well) you just can't differentiate between a medal and fourth place when it's less than a tenth. Feel amazing for your corps and for an incredible Vanguard, the defending champions who were #### near outscored by a relentless Carolina group who kept coming and left it on the field every night despite knowing that a ring was out of their reach. They stand tall tonight. You should too.

• Like 2

Welp, I’ve had time to think about what I saw tonight and Crown, you amaze me. People wrote you off, including myself having some doubt around San Antonio, and you won the hearts of so many tonight and this week. I was moved to tears during that ballad tonight and no corps has ever done that for me. .037....unreal how close it was, and I think it should have been flipped around. People around me were shocked when they called Crown 4th. It was a medal performance only cut short by some questionable judging tonight. I’m so glad that Ott is coming back to Fort Mill for the 7th time. Unbelievable night at Lucas Oil. Time to gear up for 2020!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, karuna said:

win music and can't medal.  

says a LOT about the activity

I'm glad Crown is marching and playing and I hope they do the same next year (only with an improved flag book :biggrin: .  it wasn't those performers holding the show back visually)

Right? It’s absurd. Music is 1/2 this activity. I am in Europe right now. Last year I would have bothered staying up in the middle of the night to watch. This year, nope! After Atlanta was over, I felt I wasted the whole day watching nothing. I’m not doing that anymore. Crown was literally the only show I didn’t find boring this year. I don’t want to sit and watch hours of musical technical exercises played standing still and scatter drill body movements to the next set with limited drill. I just came here to say THANK YOU CROWN AND I LOVE YOU. You gave me what I love most about this activity this year. You were the only one. I loved your show so much. 

I fear you two are going to drift into the dreadfully boring land of DCI today, because you have to if you want to win again. This year has proven you cannot be successful from a competitive standpoint playing difficult and melodic music while marching an actual drill that is difficult, well designed and musical. I am honestly just dumbfounded. 

I cancelled by Flo subscription. Next year, I will not renew. I will see what videos I can and if something turns around I’ll start watching again, but for now I need to start seeking out another activity or activities to replace DCI. 

Note: the above is not about Crown placing 4th, it is about my feelings that the activity has drifted so far from a music and marching activity and has gotten so dreadfully boring (to me). Had Crown placed 4th and I felt entertained by this activity, I would not have these sentiments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2