Carolina Crown 2019

9 hours ago, karuna said:

Wow!  That did NOT come across on Flo.  What a reaction!!  The crowd went absolutely nuts. 

What a feeling that must have been for the members!

The response throughout the show from the first note on was incredible. The crowd and the corps fed off each other and culminated with what you see on this video. During the ballad and the horn hit people were standing in the audience with their hands held high and wide like the snare drummer to soak in the glorious sound. Ut was awesome!

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

The response throughout the show from the first note on was incredible. The crowd and the corps fed off each other and culminated with what you see on this video. During the ballad and the horn hit people were standing in the audience with their hands held high and wide like the snare drummer to soak in the glorious sound. Ut was awesome!

It was also like that up in the 640s, though you probably couldn't hear us -- surrounded by Bloo fans who also showed lots of support for Crown.

The Wife always brags she saw Spartacus live at Finals and then there's the 2013 Crown show. This performance ranks up there, too, and will always be fondly remembered.

Thanks, Crown (everybody)!!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, karuna said:

Wow!  That did NOT come across on Flo.  What a reaction!!  The crowd went absolutely nuts. 

Wow. Flo really doesn’t do that justice. I would’ve loved to be there, to experience that raw energy live. Would’ve been freaking glorious.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, karuna said:

It was electric that night. Unfortunately, those behind me were serious Bloo fans and did not give Crown quite as thunderous of an applause as this video shows. However, I haven't heard an ovation for Crown like this since 2015 (I wasn't there in 2016, so I can't compare 2019 to that year). This video gives me the same chills I had on Saturday. Great video

• Like 4

I would compare the magic of Crowns 2019 performance with that of SCV's 1988 performance (the first Phantom show). Saw them both... they were both sparkly and magical.

• Like 3

There was also a posted video (closed group -- sorry) of the Finals run taken behind the podium. I didn't have time to watch all of it, but I watched the opener and closer.

The first hit was LOUD even for cellphone video. I'm now sorry I didn't go down to field level in ATL to get my ears blown off. 

And the look on the DM's face at the end -- it was obvious this was THE PERFORMANCE. Joy, pride, relief -- all mixed together.

WOW!

• Like 1

This crowd response + among, top 3 highest 4th place, finals scores all time + Ott=

GOAT 4th place finish?!?!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

There was also a posted video (closed group -- sorry) of the Finals run taken behind the podium. I didn't have time to watch all of it, but I watched the opener and closer.

The first hit was LOUD even for cellphone video. I'm now sorry I didn't go down to field level in ATL to get my ears blown off. 

And the look on the DM's face at the end -- it was obvious this was THE PERFORMANCE. Joy, pride, relief -- all mixed together.

WOW!

Convince the poster to post the video on YouTube!  YouTube makes it easy to trim the video and leave just the ending online. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to take a moment to thank Carolina Crown for an incredible season.  I went to all three ensemble rehearsals and performances in Indy, and was truly inspired by all six encounters.  I have such incredible love for this activity, and never has it been so truly expressed in so many ways as it was this weekend by Crown 2019.  

In rehearsals, it was such a privilege to witness the members' extraordinary passion, relentless determination, not to mention ridiculous talent.  But it also revealed the love, respect, and admiration that all members have for each other, across sections, and across staff and performers.  I know that many corps have these qualities, but there was a totality to it all that seemed off the charts this year, and of course, was particularly expressive at the end of the season.  This corps knew it had something special this season, and they were soaking in every last morsel.

The performances revealed the fruits of that labor, but were absolutely fueled by that emotional energy and awareness evident in rehearsal, and just stunningly expressed each evening in performance. 

Those performances expressed everything I love about drum corps: performers leaving it all out on the field, enjoying every second of it, feeding off the energy of the crowd, culminating in the unbridled joy of knowing they just knocked it out of the park.  It is the looks on their faces, the jumping in the air after nailing the show, and the post performance embraces that move me so much, and reaffirm my love of this activity, regardless of scores, placements, and all the other thing we complain about.  It's what will bring be back next year, as it has 20 times before.

Thank you Carolina Crown, this alum is so freaking proud, and grateful. 

• Like 8