Carolina Crown 2019

On 8/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, nsxanax said:

Noticed your signature profile: Crown alum from the early days.

You should be recognized for your service to Crown, especially back in it’s infancy. It’s a given that you were/are a person with far better than average musical skills. Your commitment of time and talent to a nascent CC helped lay the foundation for what would in time become a World Class drum corps.

From those that love and support Carolina Crown, we are forever grateful for your contribution👑

Thanks so much for these kind words.  I do have a sense of pride for my small role in laying down the foundation.  And while a young CC did set a standard of excellence in brass that continues today, my musical skills were, let's say, not a significant contributing factor.  I often say that they won the the Div 2 High Brass award in spite of me. 🙂

Regardless, I am just so proud of what Carolina Crown has become, and I am moved by them every year.  They have surely given me way more than what I ever contributed as a performer, both that year, and in the many years since.

Can't wait for next year!

BTW, thanks for being such an eloquent and ardent supporter of Carolina Crown on DCP!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

It was electric that night. Unfortunately, those behind me were serious Bloo fans and did not give Crown quite as thunderous of an applause as this video shows. However, I haven't heard an ovation for Crown like this since 2015 (I wasn't there in 2016, so I can't compare 2019 to that year). This video gives me the same chills I had on Saturday. Great video

2016 was great, but not like Sat, or 2015.  And I think 2015 had a little more from the crowd because it was a contender that year.  This year's crowd reaction was inspired more by the performance and energy from the members, IMO.

• Like 3

I love you Carolina Crown. Your future is bright. I know the staff is smart enough to take notes on this season and they will do even more next year. Don’t they all? Like I said with the Cavs, I see a gold medal very soon. I saw the hunger for it with them and also Boston. It’s only a matter of time till it happens. Designers: take this break to go find a concept or theme that will #### me up this next summer, because being the crown honk I am I will eat it up.

• Like 4

From FloMarching -- Crown in the lot.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

From FloMarching -- Crown in the lot.

The only thing I have, in the WHOLE WORLD, in common with this Deity of brass instruction:

I have that shirt👍

Thanks to my lovely wife and the CrownSTORE.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 10:09 PM, runyancm said:

Thanks so much for these kind words.  I do have a sense of pride for my small role in laying down the foundation.  And while a young CC did set a standard of excellence in brass that continues today, my musical skills were, let's say, not a significant contributing factor.  I often say that they won the the Div 2 High Brass award in spite of me. 🙂

Regardless, I am just so proud of what Carolina Crown has become, and I am moved by them every year.  They have surely given me way more than what I ever contributed as a performer, both that year, and in the many years since.

Can't wait for next year!

BTW, thanks for being such an eloquent and ardent supporter of Carolina Crown on DCP!

Historically the birth and crazy fast evolution of Carolina Crown may go down as one of the most unlikely happenings in DCI history. Literally no other corps has done what they have done in the modern era. And they have done it by kicking the ### of the entire DCI field in brass performance. For over a decade now.

Remarkable.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Historically the birth and crazy fast evolution of Carolina Crown may go down as one of the most unlikely happenings in DCI history. Literally no other corps has done what they have done in the modern era. And they have done it by kicking the ### of the entire DCI field in brass performance. For over a decade now.

Remarkable.

Whole lotta’ Ott, that’s for sure🎺👑😎

• Like 2

Great pictures posted to Crown's Facebook page by Emily Treasure from finals night.  Performance pics are great, but the post show pics at the end are special.  I am a sucker for those emo moments. 😂

Thanks for the great pictures all year, Emily.

• Like 1