Carolina Crown 2019

On 8/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, runyancm said:

Great pictures posted to Crown's Facebook page by Emily Treasure from finals night.  Performance pics are great, but the post show pics at the end are special.  I am a sucker for those emo moments. 😂

Thanks for the great pictures all year, Emily.

She’s got a great eye, and as an avid photog, I picture that as one of the greatest summer gigs, ever.

Though I imagine she’s got a plethora of collateral responsibilities when she’s not not behind the viewfinder of her Canon/Nikon/SLR of choice.📸

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BWise said:

What’s the word of CC 2020 staff?

All quiet on the Western front; here and on CC 2020 thread.

Trying to take the position that no news is good news.

I’ll resume my “head in the sand” position now...

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Everyone's BUSY at Crown!

69908518_2524921360897645_81943368495613

Hey, shouldn't Matt be in full Avon mode, this time of year?!?!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just watched the 2019 Crown show again for the first time since nearly August 2019. Loved it musically and visually, but I never thought the props helped with the story. And after my recent viewing, I'm not sure that I've seen a show where the theme that was explained and the props that were used did less for a show than this one. 

I enjoyed it nonetheless. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 6:33 PM, kdaddy said:

Just watched the 2019 Crown show again for the first time since nearly August 2019. Loved it musically and visually, but I never thought the props helped with the story. And after my recent viewing, I'm not sure that I've seen a show where the theme that was explained and the props that were used did less for a show than this one. 

I enjoyed it nonetheless. 

Honestly I think the props only worked from field level. Once put in a line, as in the closer, the picture came into view, but from box level you couldn't tell. I think with a different prop design, they could have placed higher, but sadly that (and the guard writing to the underlying melody, because the guard executed what they were given very well) held them back. I feel like this has been the case though two seasons in a row, and I hope this won't be the case going into 2021.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I think with a different prop design, they could have placed higher, but sadly that (and the guard writing to the underlying melody, because the guard executed what they were given very well) held them back.  

4th.  SCV  96.5625

5th.   CC    95.400

If the guard executed very well, do you feel better prop designs would have moved CC up 1.626?