Carolina Crown 2019

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I get that - I don't think the judge feedback was for the better. That's what I was saying I guess. The original design they derided as "cluttered" was superior IMO

IMHO they planned on "figuring out" how to make the tramps work and never really found it.    Great musical concept with a not so great visual design.  

• Like 1

Really glad you posted this. Since ‘13, this was the only Crown show I didn’t have the opportunity to see in person. We bought the Memphis PPV event, watched it live, and I’ve listened to a recording of it many times, on an mp3 I made.

Sandwiched between ‘13 and ‘15, I believe OOTW has always gotten short shrift among Crown faithful. That show told a great story and the technical challenges of the brass book still blow me away.

While an unabashed Crown honk, I must admit “Tilt” was my fave in ‘14 and I’ll concede that the Fellini thing probably rated gold. 

But Crown put on a heck of a show that season, too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Really glad you posted this. Since ‘13, this was the only Crown show I didn’t have the opportunity to see in person. We bought the Memphis PPV event, watched it live, and I’ve listened to a recording of it many times, on an mp3 I made.

Sandwiched between ‘13 and ‘15, I believe OOTW has always gotten short shrift among Crown faithful. That show told a great story and the technical challenges of the brass book still blow me away.

While an unabashed Crown honk, I must admit “Tilt” was my fave in ‘14 and I’ll concede that the Fellini thing probably rated gold. 

But Crown put on a heck of a show that season, too.

OOTW is one of my favorite "modern" Crown brass books.  They did a great job creating music that was greater than the sum of its parts.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2018 at 12:30 PM, MikeN said:

OOTW is one of my favorite "modern" Crown brass books.  They did a great job creating music that was greater than the sum of its parts.

Mike

The music was OOTW, the visual was cluttered.  Still should of won high brass IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Interesting

Crown has been making a real effort (through their CrownCARES initiative) to give their corps members an opportunity to truly be a part of a larger community.  What a wonderful life lesson to impart as part of the drum corps experience.   It's good to see the initiative continuing to grow!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BassClefTristan said:

Edit:

I've made the line! I'm incredibly excited and will tell y'all now you guys are in for an awesome year from Crown.

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Congrats, but easy on the hype BCT.  Enjoy the ride .

No hype from Tristan -- just facts. 

Crown ALWAYS delivers an awesome year for their fans.  

WTG Tristan!  Can't wait to see you out there Wearing The Crown